Magic Money, a tale of circular idiocy..........

by WingCommander 3 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Here is an example of just how stupid the attitude of some congregations seems to be. I'm sure we've all seen this example of stupid circular economics in action. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

End of the world - just around the corner.

Don't get an education or a job - end of the world is near.

Need a job in order to keep up with the buying of designer suits or dresses, a new BMW or oh yeah, a newly built home would be nice too. Also, must have $$$ to give to CO when he comes, and to put in box every week. You want to be a good example, don't you?

Should have a JW family. Takes $$$$ to have one, and all of the above mentioned. Better get a job.

Get education, then job. Education bad, nothing but a "Worldly Pursuit." Can't have that. Now what?

Somehow supposed to magically own construction business, or other well off position in which you make tons of $$$ while being able to go out in service 70 hours a month.

No education & no job = working as a janitor, or cleaning houses and/or business of well off JW's. (for next to nothing)

Custodial job = NO designer suits or dresses, no BMW, no newly built house, nothing to give to CO or box. Oh yeah, working like a dog 60 hours a week in order to make ends meet, means no 70 hours of field service a month. You are a BAD example, and of course, "spiritually weak." What is wrong with YOU???? Don't you want to make it through the end of the world??

End of the world = Being a non-rich (poor) JW in almost any congregation today.

If all of you can't tell, I'm pretty sick of the hypocrasy, materialism, money cliques, "showey displays", and snickering attitudes of most of the JW's. The real message to interested ones looking for the truth in today's JW's is, "if you have money, walk right in, you're a king.......if you're poor, find your own ride to the meetings, you poor little worm." I find this to be typical. You are supposed to raise a JW family in the truth, and somehow support them, but at the same time not have a good job or money in which to do so. Case in point - there was a JW guy in my old congregation, great looking, tall, dark, handsome, about 30. He was nice, and all the girls wanted him. Of course, he still lived at home with his parents, and because he was so BRAINWASHED by everything they said from little on up, he had no education or real job. (home schooled too, go figure) He detailed and washed cars for a living. A crap job. And of course, all the JW girls thought he was cute, but since he didn'thave the $$$$$$$ they wouldn't dare marry him. No matter how spiritual he was. What a bunch of MONEY GRUBBING PARASITES............the girls will suck the money out of a man, but won't suck his (fill in the blank). How fitting for a bunch of money loving hypocrites!!!

Wing Commander

• Navigator
    Navigator

Wing Commander

My kids finally woke up to the truth of your post and two went back to school and got degrees. Unfortunately, it also cost them their families. They couldn't go full time as they did have responsibilities, but they are making a lot more money. One resisted the "no education" push in the mid 1970s and went to college where her mother and I graduated. She eventually was disfellowshiped for "not putting Jehovah first". She was shunned by her mother and brothers and sisters, none of whom attended her wedding. She makes twice what the others make. The brothers and sisters found themselves working for people not nearly as bright as they were, but who had degrees. Like the Wizard of Oz said to the scarecrow: "brain, you don't need a brain! What you need is a diploma." They saw the light eventually and now five of my six kids are out and free and trying to repair the damaged relationship with their shunned sister. All of their JW friends are still doing Janitor work and stripeing cars

I would love to hear the story behind your handle.

Navigator

• rebel
    rebel

I have often puzzled over this. We are told to put the kingdom first and not be materialistic, yet those who tell us these things are the ones that have the big cars, huge houses, rich parents etc. I am so sick of hearing elders talk down the idea of further education, especially in areas where, if you don't have some sort of formal education, you can't get a decent job. Also, one elder I know is always saying how we should not put too much emphasis on money or material possessions. Yet, he comes from a rich family and has never had to worry about money in his life - he is rolling in it. It is easy to say we should put our trust in Jehovah when you don't have the bailiffs banging on your door!

• Scott77
    Scott77

marked for later

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit