Found it

by Gig 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Gig
    Gig

Hi friends,

I posted a few weeks back and mentioned a recent WT article that implied Russell's writings were somehow beneficial. I thought the irony was worth sharing.

The Watchtower, April 15, 2002, page 28...

"As observed in 1925 by Remigio Cuminetti, Banchetti showed 'much sympathy' for the work of the Bible Students and was 'fully convinced' of the doctrines as explained by them.

On one occasion, Banchetti was discussing Russell's writings with a man named J.Campbell Wall. In answer to Wall's criticisms, Banchetti said: 'I am certain that if you read Russell's six volumes, you would experience a vigorous and deep joy, and you would thank me with emotion. I do not parade doctrine; but I read those books eleven years ago, and thank God every day for putting before me such light and such consolation by means of a work that is entirely and solidly founded on the Holy Scriptures.'

Listen, Listen, Listen

It is significant that these two Waldensian pastors- Daniel Rivoire and Giuseppe Banchetti- expressed appreciation for the way Russell explained the Bible.......

Every year, thousands listen to the Kingdom message as brought to their homes by Jehovah's Witnesses. Open-minded people everywhere who thirst for Bible truths are responding to Jesus' invitation: 'Come be my follower.' "

Isn't this nuts? Notice they didn't say anything about learning, only listen, listen, listen. To actually realize that every JW out there swallows this stuff whole is mind boggling. Wouldn't you think that this recent article, April of THIS year, would have caused some JW's to want to read Russell's writings? Hey, maybe this is another avenue to reach them...the GB themselves suggested it was beneficial, let's see if we can't help them see just how beneficial.

'By their fruits you will recognize them' is a favorite of their's...wouldn't the roots have anything to do with it?

Gig

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

pure dog puke ... and they keep returning to it

quoting what somebody supposedly said 3/4 of a century ago ... ha!ha!ha! ... just like all the other unsubstantiatedWT quotes and the guy's to dead to deny it.

probably this Banchetti got his "vigorous and deep joy" from laughing at Russell's crazy ideas and diagrams "solidly founded on the Holy Scriptures."

Most J-dubs don't even realise Russell was a loon.

• kelpie
    kelpie

They are so full of garbage!!!

I pray that they come crashing down!!

• Buster
    Buster

I found it odd that they would quote someone who claimed to see "such light and such consolation" in the six volumes. Yet that same someone apparently did not see quite enough light to heed Jesus' invitation to "come, be my follower."

I wish they had seen fit to lay out at least one example of the enlightenment. What exactly did this goof find sooo revealing? I wonder if it could have been God's residence in the Taurus constellation. Could it be discovery that God himself was the architect of the Great Pyramid? Maybe it was the brilliance of the Great Jubilee deciphering that is in those volumes.

Then again, if they had quoted someone from inside the org., supporting Russell's writings, they would have to DF him right away. There is nothing in those volumes that they agree with.

But I can just picture the dubs sittting around at the head-nodding indoctrination session, completely failing to give this WT quote even the simplest critical thought.

Edited by - Buster on 25 November 2002 23:15:24

• onacruse
    onacruse

LOL

If the WTS still thinks so highly of Russell, then they should refer all dubs to The Chicago Bible Students, PO Box 661335, Chicago, IL 60666-1335 for the latest copy of Bible Study Review. It has an excellent discussion of Epochs and Dispensations, complete with Russell's Plan of the Ages charts.

Craig

• larc
    larc

It was the reading of Russell and Rutherford's works that caused me to leave. I hope, like you Gig, that some Witnesses will go back and read this looney tunes stuff. It will truely shake their faith. I think I will mention this article to my JW sister, and ask her if she will read these fine works.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit