Royal Commission live streamingstarting soon!

by possum 236 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Highlights how vital de programming is once you leave.
  • C0ntr013r
  • truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I agree!

Maybe he was called to show how deep the mind control really goes?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration
    All I know is that the JW lawyers must be giving each other high fives on the way out the door after Monty's testimony.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Monty was honest. He told it like it was - all the bumps and bruises. His description of women was accurate. The women having their heads covered - when an unbaptized male was present. True.

He just told the truth. It was his truth. It works. He honestly revealed how he thought women are treated in the JWs.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    I find it ironic that the 'apostate' Monty Baker, quoted scriptures more frequently and seemed more well versed on the bible than the 'Men in Jesus right hand' ...or some shit
  • C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r

This man considers himself Apostate, knows he is indoctrinated and have been out of the ORG for over 20 years. He has also watched all days of the RC, and he still somewhat advocates for the JWs way regarding many of these issues.

With this in mind. I wonder how much impact this RC will have on a normal dub... Probably not very much :/

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    This man considers himself Apostate, knows he is indoctrinated and have been out of the ORG for over 20 years. He has also watched all days of the RC, and he still somewhat advocates for the JWs way regarding to many of these issues.

The more broader problem being the Bible and bible literalism and just stinking religion in general.

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r
    The more broader problem being the Bible and bible literalism and just stinking religion in general.

True, but there are many valid way to interpret the bible that are different that the JWs way.

Many Ex JWs would argue that the JWs way are sometimes completely erroneous when looking at the context or when looking at other passages.

And don't forget that the NWT is a biased translation.

Examples:

Women appointed to positions in the congregation could be substantiated with the Bible.

Shunning could be dealt with differently and shunning disassociated persons was introduced to stop people from leaving, not because it can be substantiated with the Bible.

There is strong indications that JWs stance on the blood issue is wrong in regards to the Bible.

So this man could have freed himself from the JW dogma and still kept his beliefs like many Ex JWs do.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I only heard Monty Bakers testimony up until the time he related meeting with B.C.G. at the hearing and it was an emotional experience .He also stated in contrast to the other elders that he was interested and kept himself informed with what was happening each day of the proceedings .

Whereas all the elders of Jehovah`s Witnesses could not be bothered to know about the proceedings , had no interest in what had transpired on previous days , had not read any transcripts of B.C.G.or any body else ,and thereby showed a total lack of respect for the Royal Commission .

Not one of the Jehovah`s Witness elders met up with or supported or embraced B.C.G.at this hearing .

Whereas a Dis-fellow-shipped ex elder , who is regarded as an apostate did just that and it was an emotional experience for him.

In my mind that shows he has demonstrated by his actions his compassion and empathy towards the victim B.C.G.

The Jehovah`s Witness elders speak the words of compassion and empathy but their actions belie their claims.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit