Something quick and easy!

by link 5 Replies latest jw friends

• link
    link

My wife was given a hard time out in field service today.

A householder told her that she belonged to a wacky American religion. This upset her so she told them that the Governing Body of Jehovahs Witnesses were not all Americans and that several nationalities were represented amongst them.

Can anybody confirm that this is actually the case? Where in fact do they all come from?

link

• Gopher
    Gopher

Try this link for info on the Governing Body:

http://www.geocities.com/osarsif/gb.htm

It appears that Barber, Barr, Klein and Loesch were born on foreign soil. (The link is a bit dated, and I'm not sure if Karl Klein is still with us any more.)

Edited by - Gopher on 23 November 2002 11:38:56

• Mum
    Mum

Sorry about your wife, link. I remember those days of being lambasted by householders. I was once told that I was "more wrong than a Russian spy leader." That kind of left me speechless since I couldn't relate to Russians or spies or, being a JW female, leaders in any way.

Anyway, there is no escaping the fact that the JW religion was spawned in the 19th century in the USA along with several other apocalyptic movements; but you know that. I find it sad that your poor wife could only defend herself by pointing out that there are a few European old white men on the GB. The Methodist Church is fairly new, too, just over 200 years old, but the Methodists, while they acknowledge the contribution of the Wesley brothers, don't have to worry about defending themselves. After all, Methodists know they have Jesus as their leader no matter who is in positions of authority in the church heirarchy.

I hope your poor wife's day improves and her weekend has some bright spots.

All the best,

SandraC

• troucul
    troucul

Wait a minute, the 19th century? I though Abel was the first Witness of Jehovah!!!!

Another thing, Klein was a bozo. I remember he gave a talk at one of our DA's and he sounded like he had a mouthful of marbles. He went up to give a couple talks after that, and later at other DA's. As soon as he got up, I lost all guilt about taking a nap. Did he suffer a stroke at one time?

Another couple hours of my life that I can't get back...jeez

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

funny thing about that Gov Body just having men in it. while the annointed is made up of women and men.

• Mackin
    Mackin
    My wife was given a hard time out in field service today.

Then she should stop wasting her time by going out in field service. There's no future in it.

Mackin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit