Jehovah's Witnesses "Handling Child Abuse Matters" flowchart

by jwleaks 21 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

JW LEAKS

Courtesy of the Australian Royal Commission

• Half banana
    Half banana

It is significant that their algorithm considers only a defensive mechanism to take all secular opportunities available to hide from publicity and protect themselves and their name i.e. by using the “ecclesiastical privilege.” Of course the evidence must be considered first but the welfare of the abused child is not even considered neither is the protection from further offending and harm. This is more evidence of the total self interest of the JW cult leaders and their complete lack of concern for any genuine practical care for the flock.

They do not take human needs seriously.

• Mephis
    Mephis

Just look where they think reporting child abuse to the police is appropriate. These utter morons will send two elders to ask whether someone who has been accused of a serious crime would like to confess, and then report to the authorities. If two or three witnesses go to them, they'll report it and then go and tell the person accused that they've reported them to the police.

It would be humorous if it weren't such a recipe for very serious consequences.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Watchtower handling of child abuse cases is slanted in favour of the abuser (almost always male).

It's seemingly no coincidence that the WTS is a male-dominated organisation which bases its rules on a book that's thousands of years old.

• Sabin
    Sabin
    JW LEAKS can I ask do you know if all this info is given to all elders, or do they have to be serving in that capacity for a certain period of time?
  • freddo
    freddo

Looks like a Branch only document to me ... to be used by the Service/Legal desk when the elders phone them and listen to their faceless anonymous advice.

Can you imagine Brother's Ali or Bello working their way through that?

"Sorry sister abused, we will have to get back to you while we contact the Branch errr I mean prayerfully consider what to do - now just go home to Daddy and be a bit more respectful and ask your mother to be a bit more affectionate to him."

• Sabin
    Sabin
    Dino Ali is an idiot. The judge should have asked him what he would do if a fellow member of the cong was trying to murder him. I bet he wouldn't phone the branch office then.
  • oppostate
    oppostate
    Dino Ali is an idiot. The judge should have asked him what he would do if a fellow member of the cong was trying to murder him. I bet he wouldn't phone the branch office then.

Sadly one of the best ways to wake up from this cult is when something drastic and unnerving hits you personally, when the realization of injustice stares you right in the face.

Then there's no rationalizing and looking for excuses for wrongs committed. We can excuse when unjust things happen to others, but when they happen to us then the truth of the high control and lack of caring hits you hard.

• wozza
    wozza

The WTS is interested in totally minimizing news of molestation and keeping it quiet from others in the org and congregations , to demonstrate this consider one personal account of dealing with elders in my old congregation.

There were 10 elders in my congregation and when I reported to the PO that they had a pedophile in their midst who that week had been witnessing in my street with a youth as his assistant the elder was stunned I knew that the man was a pedophile so we made arrangements for the elder to come back to my place later to talk further about this.

When he came he brought another elder with him ,we talked and I pointed out that this pedophile had grabbed and hugged a young child at the back of the KH after one meeting and I witnessed it and the childs grand mother.

They tried to minimize this act and I pointed out that they had to protect the congo from predators like this (the pedo was an ex elder). They wanted to know how I knew the man was a pedo and I proceeded to tell them that was'nt the issue here .

Now the PO new the man was but I don't think the other elder did so I asked why the second elder did not know and the PO said only the 3 committee members of the case needed to know because of privacy.

Well I turned to the other elder who was fairly new to our congo and had moved in from another state 2 years or so before with his wife and 12 year old daughter. So I asked him how he felt about a pedo in the congo which,as an elder , he did not know about ,I asked how can a body of 10 elders in our congo be expected to protect the children in the congo when only 3 of 10 elders even knew about the pedo in our midst - mind you this pedo had nearly all publisher privileges including answering at the Watchtower study etc

This did not sit well with them but I pursued reasoning with the new elder and asked him what he would feel like if ,in a few years , his daughter came forward and said a brother molested her back in their old congo by a pedo who was only known to 3 elders of a complete body, how would you ? knowing that only a small number of shepherds could protect his daughter and that if he knew who the pedo was he could have protected here but could'nt because of WTS policy .

Needless to say he looked ill and they both left promptly ,sad but true story and i bet there's lots more like it.

AN ADDITION TO THIS STORY IS THAT THE PEDO ENDED UP IN JAIL BUT NOT BECAUSE OF THE ELDERS ,HE WAS CHARGED FROM OUTSIDE THE CONGO FOR MOLESTATION AND THEY EVEN USED TO VISIT HIM IN JAIL ,ITS A BIT LIKE WHAT CAME OUT AT THE ROYAL COMMISION - THEY CARE MORE ABOUT THE WELFARE OF THE PERPETRATOR THAN THE VICTIMS

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r

So...

1 Witness and Confession + no reporting laws + ecclesiastical privilege = no report

2 Witnesses and Confession + no reporting laws + ecclesiastical privilege = no report

Confession + no reporting laws + ecclesiastical privilege = no report

If none of the above apply: check with society...

So if you live somewhere where there are ecclesiastical privilege it will be better to confess because they will use this privilege to not report it...

Quote:

Note: We will claim this is part of confessional ritual where privilege is available

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit