Aussie Article: The Saturday Paper - Royal commission examines Jehovah Witnesses cover-up

by AndersonsInfo 14 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• smiddy
    smiddy

OUTLAW ,you have excelled yourself , CLASSIC

This is a fantastic article by these journalists and so professionally written .

smiddy

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN
    Gormless also has a very Wormy sound to it doesn't it. I see a wriggling and a squirming and then the oooooooozzzzeeee as you step on the wormy ! [youre sick Afrikanman ...back to the Kraal boy !]
  • JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Applause.......MARTIN MCKENZIE-MURRAY, Applause........Applause........Applause.

Just Wow!!!! What a concise pointed and revealing article into Jehovah's Witnesses mentally deficient ways . Mr. Mckenzie-Murray had me running to the dictionary for several definitions of words, mostly because of his wonderful Britishness. But his use of "Gormless",....Wonderful. Solipsistic, fealty, and mendacious were other great words used.

men·da·cious
    menˈdāSHəs/
    adjective
    1. not telling the truth; lying.
      "mendacious propaganda"
      synonyms:lying, untruthful, dishonest, deceitful, false, dissembling, insincere,disingenuous, hypocritical, fraudulent, double-dealing, two-faced, Janus-faced, two-timing, duplicitous, perjured; More

If I believed in Holy Spirit any more, Holy Spirit must have used him to expose these errors in the WatchTower Bible and Tract Society's policies. Oh, no, excuse me, "
      "But it was the worldly people that came to BCG’s aid: “I was initially scared of the police because I had grown up being taught that everyone outside of the Jehovah’s Witness Church was to be feared."
      "But we have seen them. Their piety is now an awful joke; their legacies ash. At least the victims’ stories are being contemplated by a commission showing a grace their religious families never did. The estrangement of the Jehovah’s Witnesses has encouraged abuse and compounded trauma. Elders encourage their flock to shun “worldly people” because the secular are agents of the Beast. We have seen similar situations emerge in these commissions – cultures turned mouldy by self-perpetuating secrecy."

THANK YOU BARBARA!

• jhine
    jhine

Is it me ? or has there been a lack of reporting about this in the British press ? I haven't seen anything here .

If someone knows about an article or report in the British news media can you share .

Jan

• dozy
    dozy

Excellent article - thanks Barbara.

A string of gormless elders took the stand this week to face questions about the obscenity of their procedures. They were uniformly ineloquent and unhelpful. While professing to cherish modesty, there was no humility in any of the elders’ reluctance to accept responsibility. One Narrogin elder, Joe Bello, revealed the contemptuous aloofness that defines Jehovah’s Witnesses. Asked if he had been following the work of the royal commission, he replied: “No, I haven’t.”
    “Not at all?”
    “Not at all.”
    This commission has given us a dire procession of men – and it is almost always men – whose graceless and immodest authority is finally being tested. Priests, pastors and principals. Community elders who wore their stature proudly, while poisoning their fiefdoms. Men who demanded fealty from women and children, but allowed them to be abused. Men allegedly anointed by the Holy Spirit, but who farmed rapists.
    And it is now these men – senior administrators and community leaders – who profess serial ignorance. Men who demanded respect, but who now ask for simple questions to be repeated. Solipsists who qualify their transgressions and disavow their catastrophes. Men who are both verbose and inarticulate. Repeatedly in these hearings we have seen men who must make a strategic choice to portray themselves as either bumbling or mendacious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit