Dr Applewhite and Conti's case

by Viva la Vida 33 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• flipper
    flipper
    Applewhite's just being used and paid by the WT Society to say anything that will make WT leaders look better. WT Society's stalling tactics are something they consistently do in many court happenings with child abuse. To skirt around the real issues. It's ridiculous
  • Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

I don't think we should make too much about Applewhite being a Catholic. Unless anyone has info otherwise, showing that she's 'devout and practising', that could just mean she is a Catholic by family or upbringing.

it is ironic from a JW perspective but from her standpoint it may be of little significance.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

To me it seemed WT wanted someone who was a different religion such as Catholic, trying to give the impression that JW policies are so thoroughly good that even the Catholics are on our side in this context. Also they did not want the expert witness to be male; "even the female Catholic has to vouch for our rules."

But it took her so long to emit each statement as if she was trying to play chess and figure out before she spoke, whether anything she was saying could be Checkmated. That halting delivery took away from her credibility to say the least.

Marina

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    pubsinger: I don't think we should make too much about Applewhite being a Catholic. Unless anyone has info otherwise, showing that she's 'devout and practising', that could just mean she is a Catholic by family or upbringing.
    it is ironic from a JW perspective but from her standpoint it may be of little significance.

Actually, the outcome of this hearing into the WTS procedures does have significance for the Catholic Church. How judicaial hearings are conducted internally mirrors many of the Catholic Church responses - their judicial systems have much in common.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/400680004/jehovahs-witnesses-royal-commission-catholic-church

The Catholic Church itself has a vested interest in the Royal Commission's investigation into the organizational structure of the JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit