After Watching Dr. Monica, I Thought It Appropriate To Bring Out This Gem Again.

by Magwitch 15 Replies latest social entertainment

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS

Re: Spiral binding of Shepherding textbook

Dear Brothers :

Since the release of the new Shepherding textbook, several elders have asked about the possibility of having their textbook spiral bound. There is no objection if an elder personally spiral binds or laminates his own textbook or does so for other elders. If he has another baptized brother who is not an elder do the work for him, the elder must WATCH WHILE THE WORK IS BEING DONE. Outside companies, unbelievers, or sisters ARE NOT PERMITTED to do this work. The material in the book is confidential, and confidentiality MUST be preserved.

Each elder should make the following notation next to the box on the title page of the Shepherding textbook : " See letter dated October 7, 2010, to all bodies of elders regarding spiral binding of this textbook. "

Please be assured of our warm Christian love and best wishes.

Your brothers ,

Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses

• Dumplin
    Dumplin
    Even as a child, I never trusted others who had "secrets". Criminals and other corrupt people do things secretly. Lack of transparency arouses suspicion and begs investigation in a rational person's mind. When i was still a MS I was handed a copy of the Shepherding book by my book study conductor just out of the blue one day. I don't know why he did that - maybe to see my awe-struck reaction to it - i can't say... but his remark to me was: there's nothing in that book that isn't in the Watchtower publications already for everyone to see. hmmmmm....
  • hoser
    hoser
    But when you're in a bind(pun) the rules can be broken.
  • Mad Sweeney
  • Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney
    It's significant that she's worldly, a Catholic, and a woman. If she was a JW she wouldn't be allowed to even touch the book to put a spiral binding on it, not even with the elder present. Is this a misogynistic cult or what?
  • Heaven
    Heaven

Yes, definitely Mad Sweeney. This book is to be kept secret. Outside companies, unbelievers or sisters are not permitted to this work.

Guess that's null and void now.

I think this letter should be posted on the website that has the hearing about this particular elduh's book.

edited to add: I wonder how the ordinary JW is going to feel knowing a Catholic-of Satan's Christendom, worldly, woman has seen this book and they haven't. Seems the lowly publisher has just dropped below that of a Catholic person in importance. Hmmm...

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Good find Magwitch!

Not only is this BOE quote a gem, it is also a genius, pearl of great value and masterpiece!

"the elder must WATCH WHILE THE WORK IS BEING DONE. Outside companies, unbelievers, or sisters ARE NOT PERMITTED to do this work. The material in the book is confidential, and confidentiality MUST be preserved."

Just to repeat how classified this 'Shepherd The Flock Of God' should be viewed...."The material in the book is confidential, and confidentiality MUST be preserved."

This "Must Be Preserved" book was not only in the hands of a worldly woman, but this woman received her personal copy from Watchtower brass. What a god-damn joke!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Looking at this letter again now it strikes me as something that you'd read about in a cult, oh hang on.....it is a cult, silly me.

Scientology came to mind as they are grade A wacky, but at least they would have females bind a poxy book.

• sir82
    sir82

I happen to have access to the original draft of that letter, prior to revision:

"Confidentiality MUST be preserved....unless there is imminent threat that publicity related to our insufficient policies will cause us public embarrassment and potentially cost us $millions in lawsuits and/or penalties. If that's the case, well, hey ho, all bets are off. Feel free to show the book to teenagers, children, midgets, orangutans, or even (believe it or not) to Catholic women. There are, after all, some things more important than confidentiality, in particular, the lifestyle and reputation of the governing body and their helpers."

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"The material in the book is confidential, and confidentiality MUST be preserved."

I guess in even 2010 the WTS really was still blind about the internet.

Yes, they really thought this gem would be kept their own little secret.

Image result for hahahahaha

Thanks to Gayle, I got my 2010 Edition before our Elders went to the KM School.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit