Did you hear that!? His Honour is insisting that Jackson attend the Royal Commission

by umbertoecho 81 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    WMF - He denied knowing what theocratic warfare meant.

Hahaha. surprise, surprise....using theocratic warfare(tm) to deny theocratic warfare(tm).

Well, perhaps he doesn't know of the term but it's a technique the JWs use unthinkingly me thinks

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Watchtower Free - "Watchtower Lawyer caught lying..."

Good help's hard to find, I guess.

x

punkofnice - "...using theocratic warfare(tm) to deny theocratic warfare(tm)..."

Nice catch.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    umber: This did not impress His Honour too much, for he is aware that many of us have dealt with sick family, family who are dying. No doubt McClellan has had to deal with such family matters in his own career. Hell, we all have. So it was a ruse as far as the RC team could see and it had gone on all this week.

Not only that, just think of how many of us have been denied the right to attend JW funerals. Or, as JWs, told we could not attend a loved grandparent's funeral because it was in a Catholic Church. How many of us have been denied the human right to grieve for our loved ones? How many of us have lost family? Real, live, breathing family.

i think it is justice in its purest form if Jackson has to put aside his family concerns for this hearing. Right on. Maybe the Holy Spirit is acting, after all.

punkofnice:
    Well, perhaps he doesn't know of the term but it's a technique the JWs use unthinkingly me thinks

You hit the nail on the head, punkie.

Lying is ingrained into their very nature. It is what the indoctrination is all about - how to lie. The JWs can't help themselves - they have no truth to tell.

They are empty inside - a shell filled with Bible verses. That's all.

Take away the lie and there is nothing left - Poof! We may very well see Jehovah Jackson vaporize right on the stand!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I just thought of something...

...the RC stated that they'd already known Jackson was in Australia for a couple weeks.

At this point, I can't help but wonder if someone at WTHQ quietly sent them his itinerary a few months back, and that they timed the JW portion of the Commission to coincide with his visit.

They certainly seem canny enough.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    vidiot: They certainly seem canny enough.

They do seem pretty determined and canny.

Lol! I have a mental picture of Stewart climbing up the beanstalk to get to the giant! Each step that this inquiry has taken has been a step up the ladder to the top of the tower.

It is like trying to climb up the Tower of Babel...and the Royal Commission is climbing up the hair of the women who are asking for help. No wonder the GB has instructed the women to cover up their hair - they don't want the women to be rescued.

;) Rapunzel...let down your hair!

• oppostate
    oppostate

"I Geoffy Jackson sweah to tell the troof and nothing but the troof, Scouts Honour, so help me the legal depahtment".

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

umbertoecho - "...His Honour is insisting that Jackson attend the Royal Commission..."

I'm really interested in seeing how a GB member reacts in the face of legitimate authority.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    vidiot: I'm really interested in seeing how a GB member reacts in the face of legitimate authority.

Geez, do you think the Catholic Church can rescue her baby now? Do you think the Real Mother will bail Jackson out??

Now, what will "Jehovah's mouthpiece" do when real justice asks him some questions?

Religious authority, meet secular authority. The Watchtower Society has been playing games in the world of secular law for a long time.

I think that what is coming up will be a fine standoff. The Watchtower's "ecclesiastical privlege" is going to take a beating, and by extension, the Catholic Church's confessional procedures as well.

The silent lambs are speaking - the Royal Commission is giving them voice. I love it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I'm starting to think the RCC got as proactive as they did on their problem at least partly in anticipation of the WTS's impending legal evisceration (and potential object lesson).

• Mephis
    Mephis
    JW claims to ecclesiastical privilege very different to Catholic one in relation to secrecy of confession. That's the part which Stewart absolutely ripped into. They lose it because it's not between penitent and one elder. It's because it's between penitent and the elder, and all the local elders, and the CO, and the local branch and mother in Brooklyn... oh and then anyone who then gets access to the file at a later date.. If they did have any hope of trying that defence in Australia again, Stewart's just given the template for ever prosecutor in Australia to have it dismissed. I'd imagine they'd have found it quite handy given the consequences of not reporting criminal matters...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit