Drive Safe!

by RubyTuesday 8 Replies latest jw friends

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

Last week I told some of you about the Elder that went to court in behalf of my niece's rapest,died in a car accident.He himself was also acussed of raping his own child.I was very happy at the time but now i feel sick to my stomach. This ariticle will explain why.

Castle Dome coping with death of classmate

Nov 16, 2002

An ominous silence filled the room at 11 a.m. Thursday immediately after Principal Bill Roberts told a group of sev- enth-graders at Castle Dome Middle School that one of their own had tragically died early Wednesday morning in an automobile accident in California.

Thirteen-year-old Johnathan Dedrick and his father, Jim, and mother, Nelda, were all killed in a crash just south of San Luis Obispo, Calif. around 4 a.m. Wednesday morning as they were returning from a trip for a doctor's appointment for the mother.

As Roberts told the students about the accident Thursday, the news began to sink in and the sound of crying could be heard in the room.

"It was a shock to all of the students," Roberts said of the 160-member team of seventh-graders who were all in the same curriculum group together. "We told them everything we knew about the accident and let them ask questions and then got them back to class as quickly as possible so that the teachers and counselors could work with them on a more intimate level."

The accident, according to the Templeton office of the California Highway Patrol, occurred when the family was traveling east on California Highway 46 and apparently collided with a semitrailer hauling a modular home bound for Atascadero, Calif. The accident is still under investigation.

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

Edited by - LuckyLucy on 22 November 2002 17:18:41

• Jesika
    Jesika

Ok, I guess I am a little slow, but I don't understand how this ties into what happened to the elder. Is this the elder and his family that died?

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Ruby, his wife and child were killed too? Tragic.

• RubyTuesday
  • pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Ruby - anger towards those that hurt you/your own is natural - don't tear yourself up over it. What that man did is WRONG, and he deserved punishment. This was not punishment - it was a tragic accident. My heart goes out to all who knew this family, as their pain must be great.

• Jesika
    Jesika

How tragic for the wife and child. Don't beat yourself up over this, you had no idea they were in the car too.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Can only pretty females post to this thread or can I but in???

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Anyone who calls me pretty is more than welcome in ANY threads I post to!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit