Comments?

by outcast 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• outcast
  • ozziepost
    ozziepost

Outcast,

Are you asking us to comment about what appears on another board? A JW one at that!

Let them come here and post. Wouldn't that be a better option?

Cheers, Ozzie

• gumby
    gumby

Outcast,

It's easy to see they are not as UNIFIED as they claim. They argue over doctrinal issues like everyone else. Thanks

• jack2
    jack2

The initial poster said "Now do believe that Jehovah does keep us informed. I'm not disputing that (nor would I ever dare)." Italics mine.

If he dared, well, he'd find himself in some hot water.

Also, they mentioned that God deos not 'do a thing unless he informs his servants'.....the book of Amos says "his servants the prophets", so if they are going to use part of the verse, they ought to use the whole thing, which then implies that they are a prophet. We've had those discussions here before, of course. And if they don't want to live up to their claims of being a prophet, then they ought to quit saying that God is keeping them informed.

Also, this 'keeping them informed' process is never really explained by the WTS. We get phrasing like 'they are enlightened by reading the scriptures', etc., but what is the actually process by which means they get this enlightenment? And if they are so enlightened, why have they been wrong repeatedly? Of course, that's been discussed here many times. But it's just what pops into my mind when I read this stuff.

Edited by - jack2 on 22 November 2002 9:27:46

• gumby
    gumby

Also, this 'keeping them informed' process is never really explained by the WTS. We get phrasing like 'they are enlightened by reading the scriptures', etc., but what is the actually process by which means they get this enlightenment

Jehovah uses the two third's voting process. He tells two thirds of the GB the truth and lies to the other one third.

• jurs
    jurs

jack2,

good point about using the whole verse. Those things went right over my head when I was a JW.

jurs

• searcher
    searcher

I LOVED this bit !!!!!!!!

During this time American Catholics and Protestants could be shaken to their foundations because of the molestation charges. "If your religion harbors sexual predators or offenders. If your religion causes you to not cooperate with authorities on this matter, you are banned."

searcher.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit