"Jehovah sifts the good from the bad"

by fairy 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fairy
    fairy

a relative came around the other day and gave me 2 little books that they got at a recent assembly.

i cam across this paragrapgh concerning apostates under the sub heading....

(paragraph 11..page 244...book entitiled..."draw close to jehovah")

"Jehovah sifts the good from the bad"

..as Jehovah searches through us, he carfully sifts, looking for the good. For instance, when jehovah decreed that the entire apostate dynasty of King Jeroboam was to be excuted, He ordered that one of the king's sons, Abijah, be given a decent burial. Why? "Something good toward Jehovah the God of Israel has b4en found in him" (1 Kings 14:1, 10 - 13).

Jehovah, in effect, sifted through the heart of that young man and found "something good" there. However small or insignificant that bit of good may have been, Jehovah found it worth noting in his Word. He even rewarded it, showing appropriate degree of mercy to that one member of an apostate household.

So, there is hope for some apostates, not all gloom like they preach (my opinion)

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Yeah only they do the "sifting" for Jehovah.

So while God may love you, your family won't...whoopty doo!

• reubenfine
    reubenfine

Wow, Jehovah cared for the dude so much that he had a decent burial for him after he killed him. Nice!!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Of course Abijah will be resurrected into the kingdom of Jehovah's Witnesses, at which time he will be among the sexless group that "neither marry nor have children, since they are as angels" -- Jesus' words, the Watchtower interpretation. What a wonderful future for Abijah. Oh yeah -- the other apostates in his family, will they be resurrected too? If so, then there's really not much difference between being an apostate and not. But if Jehovah "hates" apostates, then maybe they're already eternally judged.

OUCH my head is hurting from trying to figure out this family's future in the kingdom where Jehovah's Witnesses will rule.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Is the wt saying then, that if an apostate gets a good burial, then their god saw something good in him/her, and the apostate will get a resurrection? Or is that good burial thing just another stupid bible superstition?

SS

• SYN
    SYN

Geesh, Jehover is such a great guy, even gave that Apostate Dude a nice gravestone after smashing his skull in. How thoughtful of him.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

So maybe we will have to put up a nice memorial to the GB.

CZAR [of the "MIrror Mirror" class]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit