Labeling one self "Atheist" is Unscientific

by LAWHFol 449 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Told ya! Now that viv is here we are in full swing. 18 pages and counting

Getting people to understand basic logic, science and critical thinking takes a lot of pages.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

in much the same way you are a-magical unicorn in my dog's butt, meaning lacking belief in them even before you heard of it, babies are similarly atheists - yes, Viv, you've pretty much nailed it.

And as C0ntr013r said earlier that (s)he believes babies are born agnostic, plus according to the chart 'agnostic' and 'atheist' aren't mutually exclusive - perhaps babies are born agnostic atheists?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    perhaps babies are born agnostic atheists?

Agnosticism means you are thinking about what you know. Babies don't do that. All they know is that the big thing has bags of food they like to suck on.

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r
    It was 1948 predicted mathematically in 1948, actually, so there was evidence for BEFORE it was detectable. You're also assuming that, when I said "undectable" I mean "with out current tools". I did not. I simply said "undetectable". If there is no way to detect God, ever, in any sense, then it can in no conceivable way interact with the universe.
    Not relevant since I said discovered, not calculated.
    OLD: "then you've also defined them as being something that cannot interact with nature and are therefore pointless in every conceivable context because they cannot possibly affect our world in any way."
    Agreed, but my point is that there could be things that can interact with nature without being testable (at least not yet). Therefore it could "interact with the universe."

I just showed you a way science dealt with fairies. What else are you after?
    How science deals with God, fairies are not the real issue are they?

I never said you should. Why do ask questions about things I never wrote?
    I know, but I was correct was i not?:
    meaning lacking belief in them even before you heard of it, babies are similarly atheists.

I am simply pointing out that, in much the same way you are a-magical unicorn in my dog's butt, meaning lacking belief in them even before you heard of it, babies are similarly atheists.
    No, where did you get that idea from? I specifically said:

No i did not have neither

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r
    Getting people to understand basic logic, science and critical thinking takes a lot of pages.

Cocky aren't we?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Agnosticism means you are thinking about what you know. Babies don't do that - ok.

And as babies aren't born with a ready-made belief in god, they're not theists/deists.

I guess that just leaves atheism!

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r
    Agnosticism means you are thinking about what you know. Babies don't do that. All they know is that the big thing has bags of food they like to suck on.

No, it means that you don't know/are not certain. If 100% is certainty than 0% "I don't know". Since baby's don't know, they are Agnostic.

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r
    And as babies aren't born with a ready-made belief in god, they're not theists/deists.
    I guess that just leaves atheism!

No, I still affirm that to lack belief in something you need to know what that something is..

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    The gift that keeps on giving
  • C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit