CONSPIRACY:Please define this word

by cookie 5 Replies latest jw friends

• cookie
    cookie

Hi;

I am new to visiting this sight and I share a common experience with most here; but I am not familiar with the personalities or prejudices of individual posters.

I have found several threads to be thought provoking but have also observed some hostility here.I don't want to offend anybody by using trigger words that can result in war battles,but I am curious about how the word CONSPIRACY is defined by this board.

Is it the dictionary definition of the word that should be understood when reading or writing about it; or is there another meaning that should be understood?

I stopped myself from making a comment about it on Kenneson's thread because I did not want to irritate anyone by my thoughts.

Thanks,

Cookie

• Francois
    Francois

Conspiracy - To join in a secret agreement to do an unlawful or wrongful act or an act which becomes unlawful as a result of the secret agreement.

Necessarily then, it requires two people to complete a conspiracy. You can't have a "secret agreement" by yourself.

Hope this helps.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

conspiracy ( P ) Pronunciation Key (k
    n. pl. conspiracies

1. An agreement to perform together an illegal, wrongful, or subversive act.
    2. A group of conspirators.
    3. Law. An agreement between two or more persons to commit a crime or accomplish a legal purpose through illegal action.
    4. A joining or acting together, as if by sinister design: a conspiracy of wind and tide that devastated coastal areas
  • SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

conspiracy

n 1: a secret agreement between two or more people to perform an unlawful act [syn: confederacy] 2: a plot to carry out some harmful or illegal act (especially a political plot) [syn: cabal] 3: a group of conspirators banded together to achieve some harmful or illegal purpose [syn: confederacy]

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

The movie with Mel Gibson pretty much defines it I think. Not that I'm paranoid or something...whose watching me!

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Con - spir - acy the quality / state of breathing together

Edited by - a paduan on 21 November 2002 8:14:50

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit