November 2015 Watchtower - More Money 'Begging'

by jwleaks 25 Replies latest jw friends

• StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

Wills and Trusts: Property or money may be bequeathed to an entity used by Jehovah’s Witnesses by means of a legally executed will or by specifying the entity as the beneficiary of a trust agreement. This arrangement may provide certain tax advantages.

I can imagine, at some point in the future, the GB offering to provide legal expertise to expedite the process. For example, I could imagine them providing a "boiler plate" template to help the R&F set up wills, trusts, etc. I can imagine this in a future publication or talk - e.g. "The Organization has provided a loving arrangement/provision to get you started on setting up wills and trusts (insert Bible text to back up their idea here).......You can download the template and instructions from JW.org or see your local elders..."

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Will they take it if I wrap it up like a christmas present and say "Merry Christmas MuthaF%$#ers!" ?

Probably

• Ding
    Ding

When I first studied with JWs, I was told that the WT doesn't have to make public appeals for money like Christendom does because JWs give joyfully to Jehovah's work.

What changed?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Dinga minute agoWhen I first studied with JWs, I was told that the WT doesn't have to make public appeals for money like Christendom does because JWs give joyfully to Jehovah's work.
    What changed?

Not a lot, I'd wager. Theocratic Warfare(tm) is a real buggerootah

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

And what exactly does the WTBTS do to financially help the flock they are supposedly in charge of? How many schools, hospitals, retirement homes, soup kitchens, homeless shelters, free clinics, etc do they operate? ZERO. So where exactly is all of that money going, if not to help the very ones who are giving freely and/or whom are in need?

Let the WTBTS......"go forth, be warm and well fed."

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

God needs money!!!

Oh, how I miss George Carlin.

SL

• MaybeSo
    MaybeSo
    They actually printed a picture of the card machine....wow.
  • MaybeSo
    MaybeSo
    I wonder if they research as to what type of investments some of those stocks and bonds are involved in. Weapons Manufacturers? Self Defense Armament Industry?
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Ding - "When I first studied with JWs, I was told that the WT doesn't have to make public appeals for money like Christendom does because JWs give joyfully to Jehovah's work. What changed?"

Once you were baptized, they felt less need to lie to you?

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2
    *** g73 12/8 p. 29 Watching the World ***Church Money◆ Some religious organizations are going to new ends to acquire money. The Coronation of the Blessed Virgin Mary Catholic Church in Buffalo, New York, now accepts credit cards, not just cash donations. One finance committee member says: “A church can’t survive on 50-cent [cash] donations.” Credit-card donations are up to $30. Admission is now being charged visitors to London’s thirteenth-century Salisbury Cathedral. A London Observer article calls this “a last-ditch attempt to find a way of meeting the desperate need for funds.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit