J.W. Priorities

by JH 4 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Many people say that they just faded away and never went back to the org. I also faded away and I never felt any true love and friendship in the org. Brothers and Sisters were like soldiers who were working for a common goal of making new recruits. They spent their time knocking on doors of strangers, while at the same time, they didn't visit those who slowed down or faded away in the org. Elders only came once a year, a day before the memorial, just to have more people at the memorial. Don't you think that this goes against what Jesus said in (Mathew 25: 35-40). "Take your bibles out"

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Yes it does. Your experience reflects the same as many, many others who were ignored. The truth of the matter is that the JW elder arrangement does not reward caring for the 'flock' nearly as much as it rewards door-knocking and judicial activity. As long as you are off the elder radar screen you will be ignored. Now, that said, put up a big Xmas tree and lights this year, and you might find yourself very un-ignored by the elders

The 'love'(attention) is immense when you first join, but once you are assimilated you are not worthy of people's time. Again, being a JW requires 'hours' in FS, and you don't count towards those sales goals.

• acsot
    acsot

You're absolutely right, JH. That's what got me thinking, years ago in fact. If John 13:35 is correct, then love among the brothers has to be obvious. If it is so obviously lacking, then they are not fulfilling the Scriptures. Therefore they cannot have the truth. However, the reality of this understanding is so difficult for those of us raised as JWs that it took me a very, very long time to come to terms with it. So, actually, by not caring they are proving they don't have the truth. It's really sickening.

• ChakkaConned
    ChakkaConned

My mother warned me about the JW's before I became one. She said "you know, after you become a member, they don't care about you anymore." Of course, at the time she was SATAN to me so I paid no attention. I don't know how she knew that but I wish I would have listened.

They often viewed the weak(or those faltering because they were alone, or widowed, fatherless, personal problems,etc) as unspiritual and dangerous and treated them as such...the complete opposite of what the scriptures say to do. This perpetuates the situation to where those on the fringe(and others who wake up) eventually disinfranchise themselves when they begin to see that they are actually valueless among these people. Because the JW's entire worship is "corban"....all energy and effort is for their temple worship(organization.. FS, meetings) and things like real christian love and true friendship for the individual are tossed by the wayside....this, to me, is the great tragedy of the JW cult. They have completely and unequivitively missed the spiritual point of it all. How hard is it to understand that LOVE is the ONLY thing that matters?

Yep, mama was right......I shoulda listened.

Chakka the Conned

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

JH I agree.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit