Royal Commission live Today

by LostinJapan 175 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

He is a different demeanor altogether when answering the female counsel.

His has a lecturing tone.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    LoveUni: Spinks just said that if a person is accused as a molestor they are automaticallydeleted as an elder

Wasn't there testimony already given by the one or more of the JW elders that if the accused admits/confesses, he is given the option to "step down" rather than be deleted?

I think it was Horley that said that. Because it later made me wonder about the "stepping down" that two of the elders said they did temporarily. When questioned, they had both said it was for "personal reasons".

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam
    Wow! His demeanor totally changed when being questioned by the female attorneys! I'm sure that didn't go unnoticed.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

He was snotty, rude, pompous and absolutely disgusting. Interupted the women and ridiculed their questions. And snarky about their manner of questioning. Demeaning bastard.

And then he turned around and just groveled for the Justice.

Disgusting.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Those poor victims listening to this.
  • Dumplin
    Dumplin
    Watching Spinks just makes me want SO much to "return to Jehovah" so I can be under the control of such headstrong men again. This is exactly why I quit going to meetings in the first place. To reach out as a brother for "privileges" - you must become like them. So I did and then this realization came to me: I hated myself! I absolutely did NOT want to be like them! so i said, buh-bye.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Notice how he said the witnesses stood up to hitler and nth Korea - relevance?
  • smiddy
    smiddy

I could be wrong but I thought he said South Korea ?

smiddy

• Dumplin
    Dumplin
    sparrowdown 12 minutes ago
    Notice how he said the witnesses stood up to hitler and nth Korea - relevance?
    I think (and hope) that what the commission got from Spinks was that "JWs Don't Budge". Spinks is making it even easier for the commission to make their decision. And the demeanor of Spinks on the stand is a perfect object lesson for them to peer into the "environment" that Jw children and others must contend with. :)
  • C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r

Parts of day 6 can now be watched on YouTube. Part 1 and 5 will be added later as I don't have time to do it atm.

Part 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRMnKAOqxss

Part 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0h9VdxG4xI

Part 4:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit