Royal Commission live Today

by LostinJapan 175 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams
    Nice last interjection by his Honour, just as Spinks was trying to wriggle away from Monty Baker's counsel's questioning ...
  • Dumplin
    Dumplin
    Spinks very proud of his tap dancing. He needs Judge Roy Bean to teach him some new dance steps.
  • Mephis
    Mephis
    Absolutely OC. Difference in his attitude is pretty shocking.
  • Anonymous1
    Anonymous1

Does someone have a scan of this article they could put up for Alison from the ABC?

The Watchtower magazine, September 15, 1989

Elders—Treat God’s Flock With Tenderness!

You can PM me it to me if you like. I'll be in touch with her right at the end of these proceedings today and would love to give it to her.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Spinks is saying Jehovah's Witnesses have absolute authority for the law. Did he forget the Scripture "Obey God as ruler rather than men."

Oh no, here it comes. Love how he refers to how good they were by refusing to obey the Nazis. Well what about when the RC recommend having a female on a judicial committee. Or not needing two witnesses.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

OMGog...he is delivering a sermon!!!

Huh? You Aussies have JWs in your entire police force?

• oppostate
    oppostate

Spinks just said that there are Jehovah's Witnesses, even women JW's, who are police officers! Say whuh?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Spinks just said that if a person is accused as a molestor they are automatically deleted as an elder

He also stated that deletion in this case would be permanent.

I think he has misspoken.

Isn't there WT instructions that say a deleted paedo-brother can repent and after x amount of years, can again serve as an elder?

• Mephis
    Mephis
    Spinks is absolutely blind to the issue McClellan raises over their interpretation of the bible requiring using their own judgements. McClellan seems amused by that inability to see.
  • oppostate
    oppostate
    Isn't there WT instructions that say a deleted paedo-brother can repent and after x amount of years, can again serve as an elder?

Yes, he clearly said something contrary to published guidelines for elders. He's using "theocratic warfare" strategy. Being a Branch rep he certainly should know he is telling an untruth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit