JW EXPERT WITNESS FLOORED BY COMMISSION OF INQUIRY LAWYER

by steve2 40 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I'm assuming that she was only prepared for the US courts where she trots out, says how wonderful WT is, doesn't have her testimony or credentials examined, and collects her check from WT Corp as a paid expert in an individual case.

This is completely different from a US court trial. This isn't looking at an individual case, the entire collection of procedures and policies is being examined. And it's not just asking about what is legal, this RC seems most concerned about doing what is right and dragging everything wrong out into the light of day.

In this case, this "Dr. Paid Expert" is part of what it wrong. She deserves to be dragged out into the light and exposed as a bought-and-sold phoney that is perpetuating a system that abuses women and children.

• fedup
    fedup

What will the commission accomplish, besides the exposing of the WT flawed procedures.

Can they legally force the WT to make changes in their policies? Can they make the WT pay for therapy programs for the victims of child abuse and their families? Will the abusers go to jail? Can they make the WT pay compensation to the victims?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Can they legally force the WT to make changes in their policies? - they can make recommendations that the WTS will have to implement.

Can they make the WT pay for therapy programs for the victims of child abuse and their families? Can they make the WT pay compensation to the victims? - part of the Commission's scope, I believe, is to seek redress for the victims. This would include the WTS paying for therapy, medication, etc. plus a lump sum for each victim.

Please see the 'About the Royal Commission' section on their website.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Mephis, This is already happening around me. The anger within my family about this commission, the pronouncement that this is the start of the tribulation..........These people are furious at being treated just the same as any other religious institution. How dare the RC tell them to hand over documents.!!!

Instead, it's far easier to retreat into the idea that this is Satan persecuting them, trying to force them to deviate from God's written word, and to treat it as 'war' where they are required to fight against it. In what could be a collaborative process, that stands out. The commission's suggested already that they've noticed 'antipathy' towards secular authorities

• barry
    barry

The commission as I understand it has no power to do anything else but to change the law through the government of the day.

The WT society would then be faced with large fines and compensation to victims if they failed to act on legal advice

• cha ching
    cha ching

umbertoecho: tell your family, "it's not persecution, it's accountability"....

I love this phrase, I read it on another topic here (can't remember who, sorry)

Perhaps ask them if any of the victims have had their lives torn apart, or if they had been "stumbled", and if they remember how Jesus felt about matters as these.

(Matthew 18:2-6) 2 So, calling a young child to him, he set it in their midst 3 and said: “Truly I say to YOU, Unless YOU turn around and become as young children, YOU will by no means enter into the kingdom of the heavens. 4 Therefore, whoever will humble himself like this young child is the one that is the greatest in the kingdom of the heavens; 5 and whoever receives one such young child on the basis of my name receives me [also]. 6 But whoever stumbles one of these little ones who put faith in me, it is more beneficial for him to have hung around his neck a millstone such as is turned by an ass and to be sunk in the wide, open sea.

• steve2
    steve2

Steve it isn't just Dr. Applewhite and Jehovahs witnesses who are about money.....the commission lawyers have to get paid too

Money makes the world go round (but at what cost particularly at what human cost when child abuse is the issue?) sobering isn't it?

I have no argument with expert witnesses and lawyers being paid - and I don't think I ever called into question a standard pay for service arrangement.

What I did comment on - albeit indirectly - was Dr Applewhite's status as a paid expert witness for the Watchtower Society even though she is an avowed Catholic who has been an expert witness for her own religion. Given the decades-long disdain with which the organization has held the Catholic Church and entreated people to get out of "her" (Babylon the Great), the organization has no compunction in paying a member of that Church to provide expert testimony about the organization's policies and practices.

Remember the Scripture that says to all those who have been given much, much is expected. In this instance, the organization has boldly held itself up as spiritually and morally clean and the sole beneficiary of dispenser of truth out of all groups on earth.

The organization's willingness to hire an expert witness from another religion - a religion that has also been caught in the crossfire of child abuse scandals - suggests that the organization's claims are pretty hollow. What ever happened to its standards? Remember, it is not ex-witnesses making these claims and thenunfairly criticizing the organization.

How would the average Jehovah's Witness feel about donated funds being paid by the GB to expert witnesses from the Catholic Church?

• smiddy
    smiddy

If a rank and file member of Jehovah`s Witnesses , that is , a self employed brother for example ,does work for the Roman Catholic religion and gets paid for his services , he would be counselled , if he did not quit ,he would face a judicial committee and would be dis-fellow-shipped .

Another true example , a self employed sign-writer engaged by a butcher shop to put xmas decorations on his shop was dis-fellow-shipped , because he did not see a problem with it.

And here we have the Governing Body / the Australian Branch PAYING a Roman Catholic , a female and not an Australian Citizen , to defend their policies at the Australian Royal Commission .

I find that ironic to say the least.

smiddy

• Listener
    Listener

They voluntarily put their trust in someone who they say is part of Babylon the Great and Christendom to represent them as an expert Witness before the public, even before the whole World. It backfired on them. The Commission accepted her credentials but found fault with her submission and she even agreed with them about the flaws in their procedures.

You would think they would know better.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

so many excellent points being made here I hardly know where to begin.

The way I see it - wts officials dispense with theocratic warfare when they need to and bring democratic principles of picking and mixing from groups they otherwise consider to be alien and satanic to rescue and enhance themselves. Isn't Jehovah going to have a problem with this? or does Jehovah want them to extend the privileges of democracy to all its members so that they can all partake?

I think it is time to dispense with disfellowshipping members who want to practice the very things wt officials practice

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit