what would they do?

by fairy 6 Replies latest jw friends

• fairy
    fairy

this has not happened to me, but i am curious as to what the elders would do if they came to you and asked about something you had done and you said you did not want to discuss it...and left it at that......they couldnt do anything about it could they?

• fulano
    fulano

They have to come with prove. Two witnesses.

• Jesika
    Jesika

Being that the elders are "men", if you are a women and choose not to talk to them about certain things, or anything, they can't FORCE anyone to tell them ANYTHING. Men or women for that matter.

Ya, they require 2 witnesses, so ask them to provide such in the case of any accusation.

Jes

• riz
    riz

tell them to piss up a rope.

you don't owe them anything.

• Francois
    Francois

I have done exactly what has been suggested here. They came to see me about a rather serious matter, and I told them that as long as they tolerated a certain individual as an elder in the congregation - after all the complaints about his behavior - that they did not have the moral authority to ask even one question of me, so therefore I wasn't going to answer ANY question of theirs until the guy in question was gone.

This was a new wrinkle for them, I could tell. They left, saying they would look into the matter. End of story. hehehe.

• neyank
    neyank

I don't feel the elders have any right to question people.

If they feel the need to harass someone with questions, I suggest using spiritual warfare.

You know.
    Not telling the truth to those that don't deserve it.

After all, hasn't the WTS said that it's not lying to do it?

Play by thier rules.

neyank

• Aintthatcute
    Aintthatcute

If they are coming to you on hearsay, then tell them that the WT says that the Bro/Sis making the accusation is to approach you first. Not go and get the Elders involved first. You know; Mat 18 and all....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit