Don't believe what you read in the newspapers

by 1Averagejoe 13 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• 1Averagejoe
    1Averagejoe
    “Foolish is the man who neverreads a newspaper; even morefoolish is the man who believeswhat he reads just becauseit is in the newspaper .”—August von Schlözer,German historianand publicist (1735-1809). I came across this articke in the October 15th wt. Page 30. "The naive person believes every word. " The objective of the article summary is in these paragraphs;" And what should you do if you find slanderousnews abouts Jehovah's organisation on the Internet? Such material should be firmly rejected.Some feel that they must bring it to the attention of others to get their opinion ,but all that does is propagate the malicious information. If we feel troubled about something we see on the Internet, we should ask Jehovah for wisdom andspeak to mature brothers about it. (Jas. 1:5, 6;Jude 22, 23) Jesus, who was the object of false accusations, warned his followers that enemies would persecute them and "lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against [them].” (Matt. 5:11; 11:19; John 10:19-21) We need to use “thinking ability”and “discernment” to identify “the man speaking perverse things” and those “whose entire course is devious.”—Prov. 2:10-16.RESPECT THE RIGHT OF OTHERSWe also have to be careful about news or expe-riences of a spiritual nature that we receive sec-ond hand.Even if a report is true, it does not nec-essarily mean that it should be spread.There maybe times when it would be neither right nor lov-ing to distribute true accounts to others. (Matt.7:12) For example, it is neither loving nor up-buildingto spread gossip, even though the infor-mation may be true. (2 Thess. 3:11; 1 Tim. 5:13)Some news may be of a confidential nature, andwe should respect the right of others to di-vulge the information at the proper time throughthe appropriate channels. Spreading informationahead of time can do much harm."
    I wonder what the jw field activity will be like in Australia this month after their newspapers highlight the child abuse issue. It would be interesting to have someone there give us a feedback on reactions of the publishers, studies, and attendance at meetings after all this exposure. What are the discussions at their field service meetings in preparing the flock with what to say in defending their faith. Will they have local needs parts to handle this issue in the coming months?
  • AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

We have a wonderful word in the Afrikaans language used here in South Africa - its also a Palindrome -

The word is: KAK

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012
    Even if a report is true, it does not necessarily mean that it should be spread.There maybe times when it would be neither right nor loving to distribute true accounts to others. (Matt.7:12) For example, it is neither loving nor up-building to spread gossip, even though the information may be true. (2 Thess. 3:11; 1 Tim. 5:13)

Classic Jehovah's Witnesses Mentality for damage control. Blame the messenger! for accurate truthful information, you are a "busy body". LOL

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Afrikanman, I now have a new word to use and no one will know that I'm cussing, Thanks!

KAK

South Africanism for Shit Pronounced: KUK
    "Excuse me while I go take a kak".
    "You speak more kak than George Bush."
    "Kak in your eye poes!"
  • 1Averagejoe
    1Averagejoe
    Lol. In creol Kak is "kaka, " but in swahili the word "kaka" means brother. Just saying.
  • ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

(W 10-15-2015 Study Edition, p32)
    Even if a report is true, it does not necessarily mean that it should be spread. There may be times when it would be neither right nor loving to distribute true accounts to others. (Matt. 7:12) For example, it is neither loving nor upbuilding to spread gossip, even though the information may be true.

A tremendous double standard is displayed here by Watchtower. When JWs are guilty of sexual misbehavior such as pedophilia they say it mustn't be gossiped about, but when another religious group is guilty of the same thing JWs say it must be "exposed" to protect the "other sheep."

(W 2-1-1990, p25, par19, 20 - Exposing "the Man of Lawlessness")
    The worldliness of some clergy has even been exposed in the media in recent times, as for example the licentious and luxurious life-styles of some TV clergymen. One modern songwriter composed a song with the title: “Would Jesus Wear a [$10,000] Rolex [watch] on His Television Show?” The song goes on to say: “Would Jesus be political if He came back to earth, have His second home in [luxurious] Palm Springs and try to hide His worth?” In addition, more and more clergymen condone or practice homosexuality. Even now the Catholic Church in the United States is paying millions of dollars in damages to compensate for priests guilty of sexual abuse of children.—Romans 1:24-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9, 10.

Such wrongdoing cannot be ignored by God’s servants but must be exposed for the benefit of others. The great crowd of other sheep must be protected from those who would try to lead them to break God’s laws. And those “sighing and groaning over all the detestable things that are being done” need to be searched out and gathered to the protective guidance of the Great Shepherd, Jehovah God, and “the fine shepherd,” Christ Jesus.—Ezekiel 9:4; John 10:11; Proverbs 18:10.

Notice that sexual predators in other religions "cannot be ignored by God's servants", but they “must be exposed for the benefit of others" while JWs themselves claim to have the protection of Jehovah.

As it turns out there is no protection whatsoever from sexual predators within JWs. In fact they are as bad as any when it comes to harboring sexual predators.

It's no wonder they would try to hush the truth about themselves. Only 'Naive persons who believe every word' that Watchtower prints will pay attention to Watchtower's blatant attempt to cover up it's own wrong doing.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

1averagejoe: let me get this straight. The jehovahs witnesses can disseminate their judgement based on media reports concerning other religions who also claim to be Christians and abide by the very versus you quoted, yet no others may do so when it concerns yoir Organization? Always the double standards.

do you realize that your religion's rhetoric is not unique? Jim Jones, David Koresh, Papa Doc and countless other cults have employed this very counter-intelligence techique in order to control their cult flocks?

Outside of religion, its also how every dictator and crooked politician has controled their population. If you were caught cavorting with those who expressed even the vaguest questions concerning the Communist Party or the Nazis you were branded as anti and severely puished. You of all people should know this, the Jehovahs Witnesses were subject to this very mindset under the rule of these tyrants.

And please dont smear the clear line that separates fact from gossip. They are NOT the same thing. If this were the case then why do the elders themselves listen to "gossip" in formulating their opinions on so-called apostates or adulterers for that matter? Did they not to have to regard information from others?

Oh that's right, common sense doesn't matter. Not using your brain and only hanging on the Organizations every word is all that counts on this planet simce it's followers are the only privelaged class anyway, right?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

1) Secret Slave, read Joes comments at the bottom. He's not an apologist.

2) We need a discussion of gossip, slander, and truth. The WTBTS feels these meanings are in the eye of the beholder, or nebulous.

DD

• Heaven
    Heaven

Afrikanman, I use that word quite frequently.

• 1Averagejoe
    1Averagejoe

Secretslaveclass. My apologies I didn't paste the wt comments clearly distinct from my comments. Please refer to the wt I quoted from to see where it ends. But am glad you too agree that the wt tries to dissuade it's followers to avoid them getting information as in the cases of child abuse which are true and alarming. Thanks too for your added information. They also are instilling into the minds of their followers quilt when they either come across such news and perhaps report those who spread such news. Training the people to towards "willful" ignorance when it comes to the reality of the Borg's crimes and failings thus being exposed.

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
    Søren Kierkegaard

All in the name of protecting the wt society the little ones would suffer and if such exposure would not take place then there would be no change in their mentality to protect the "little lambs." The mentality is screwed up right down to the lord elders who can't be criticised for even small things. Just for your information due to several reasons in my experience and research I boiled with hate at all the lies and have resigned as an elder and will not support any of the activities they had imposed upon me. You are welcomed to wish me luck and give advice on my fade. ;)

“Sometimes we find ourselves walking through life blindfolded, and we try to deny that we're the ones who securely tied the knot.”
    Jodi Picoult, Vanishing Acts

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit