Those aussie elders may escape repercussions after all....RC day 3

by Witness My Fury 36 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• steve2
    steve2

Your insinuation is noted TakeOffTheCrown.

Of course, you could start a whole new topic if you wished to develop your insinuation into something more substantial than a very surprising cheap shot in which you wonder if some on this forum could have been in some way involved in some of the hundreds of unreported cases of child sexual abuse found on the organization's Australian files.

In the meantime, back to the topic at hand.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie
    I find the question of whether one in this or that state or country is required to report or not, and to call HQ Legal to find out which one it is - is so STRANGE. Speaking for myself, I can only say that the moment I was told something or got the impression that this was going on - there was just one thing to do, call the cops, or at least call some official child protection agency that I knew would take action. The thought that you would have to call someone to hear if you are obliged to report it - is as said so weird.
  • AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

ADVERTISE ADVERTISE ADVERTISE ........THE ABUSE AND THE ABUSERS !

I am mailing every dub in my contact lists and on FB / Twitter / WhatsApp

I even have the addresses forwarded to me from others contact lists

Lets get this News out there !

[Don't expect a Dub to respond though ! ]

• kaik
    kaik
    Obligated is the word, and many countries you can be compliant to the crime by not reporting it. Regardless, JWs do not live in theocracy in their own world, but are subject and citizen of the respective country, and thus they must obey laws or face felony charges. There is no excuse. This has nothing to do with freedom of religion. Can you imagine if someone in AU would start to stone people because his or her religious conviction says so. Either way, he will be charged with a murder, and religious freedom nothing to do with it as it is criminal to stone people to death. While religious organization can handle the problem within their theocratic boundaries, but ultimately, JWs in AU are the subject of the laws of the country and not of the WT HQ. So anyone who shield rapists and enabled their behavior should be prosecuted. No excuse.
  • zeb
    zeb
    Please note the RC makes its investigations then it will do a final report to the federal Government with recommendations for change. the RC cannot itself change the laws.
  • daringhart13
    daringhart13

Aside from the tragic pain of the victims, the most disgusting thing about this case is that ZERO JW's in the U.S. know anything about this entire situation.

Ask one.......... they have no idea what you're talking about.

Once you leave this cult, you realize that they are the very definition of Orwellian.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    It has been said on here before that the RC might be a paper tiger. It might not. Whatever the outcome, let's hope it makes the WBT$ change it's paedophile protecting policies. We shall wait and see. Sadly, my spies tell me that the JWs that know about the RC think it's the RC telling lies and being manipulated by Satan......................facepalm!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit