Those aussie elders may escape repercussions after all....RC day 3

by Witness My Fury 36 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• OzGirl
    OzGirl
    OrphanCrow is right.
  • sir82
    sir82

It appears that failure to report abuse is not a crime in Queensland unless you are in certain professions like police or teachers etc, being clergy isnt one of them.

Well, "we weren't obligated legally to report them, so we decided it was best to just let 1000 cases go unreported" isn't exactly a message that will endear you to the hearts of the public.

This will at the very very least make it virtually impossible to go door to door in Australia for a good long while.

What's the Reasoning book's "conversation stopper" reply to "So, which one of you two at my door is the child molester?"

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

The back row in the videos are all WT lackies right? Who's the female always in shot? Anyone know who or what she does?

What's the Reasoning book's "conversation stopper" reply to "So, which one of you two at my door is the child molester?"
    LOL @Sir82
  • TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown

Let me say from the start, child abuse is a heinous Crime. Anyone that would physically or sexually abuse a child, should be "PUT UNDER THE JAIL."

Now, there are possibly thousands of you on this forum; some of you are from Australia. What if the Royal Commission had the "Teeth" to prosecute those whose names appear on the list of 1006 cases; dating back to 1950. It is possible that some of you on this forum would either recognize some of the names on the list, your name may be listed, or someone in your family. Or, ones who were just teenagers at the time, messing around, etc.

Will it cause some to look over their shoulder?

I hope this issue will be resolved and children will be protected now and into the future.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

When it comes to reporting sexual molestation of a child to law enforcement there is no law prohibiting Watchtower from having a policy that would have elders always do so, or at the very least a policy that actively encourages victims or guardians to report. Watchtower has the policy it has because it chose to. Watchtower chose to have its elders report when secular law requires it and otherwise not to.

Yet Watchtower admits knowledge that child molesters pose a danger to children. Despite this knowledge Watchtower fails to show neighbor love by giving non-JWs at least a fighting chance to protect non-JW children from known predators. It's a moral and ethical breach at the very least

"None of you should think only of his own affairs,” Paul wrote, “but consider other people’s interests also.” (Philippians 2:4, Phillips) ... Thus, we have a moral obligation to cultivate this quality."--The Watchtower, April 15, 2002, p. 27

When will Watchtower take its own counsel?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    ^^^^^ When will the WT take it's own counsel?

When they realize that they are just following in the footsteps of other religions that have tolerated child abuse.

• the girl next door
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    If Australia were to pass a law requiring that clergy (elders) report abuse to the police it should be retroactive to include past incidents. Then they could get the Witnesses.
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    If the abuse was sent straight to the police......then there would have been............reason.....omg.....gag
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

This whole RC process with all the troublesome churches and organizations, are going to be the impetus for future changes in law. It is an investigative process rather than a judicial one, and will be recommending processes and procedures to help alleviate these issues so that they don't go on for another 50 years with no one needing to take responsibility. I think we will find that some of them don't suit the WTBTS too much, but I can live with that!!! That they don't suit anyone at all is just fine if they can end some of the institutional abuses.

What is so shocking in the WT one, versus the others, are that they have consistently gone against every public interest and it IS NOT because folks were going against the rules or guidelines of their leaders 1006 out 0f 1006 show that they were doing exactly as they were told. This is coming from the top, not just a local decision that was wrong. THAT is being noted and I hope will be legislated against.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit