Those aussie elders may escape repercussions after all....RC day 3

by Witness My Fury 36 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Damn those tricky state laws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMEg1OMfuMk 15:30 on

Annoying no?

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty
    They have their part of guilt, but let's don't forget that they stictly obet to ehatever GB dictates.
  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    Indeed they do, but i think the judge and we were hoping for some payback.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

No matter what comes of this, it's still exposing a lot of internal information that is good to get out in the public eye. If there is not a law that dictates these things yet, sometimes things like this and the catholic church must happen in order to change what is considered "criminal".

its still exposure.

• Letts Party
    Letts Party
    what happened? I can't listen cause I'm at work and its terribly noisy here. Sorry!
  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    It appears that failure to report abuse is not a crime in Queensland unless you are in certain professions like police or teachers etc, being clergy isnt one of them.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Again this could be a good thing because such an exposure will hopefully effect change, and maybe as a result of this and the catholic debacle, religious organizations will be added to this list.

Let me tell you something about the law. Its full of gaps. A law is made when someone exploits a gap and it comes to light as a problem. For instance, take illegal drugs for instance. You know all the major schedule 1 drugs in america (let use ecstasy for example) was completely legal and on the street, you could go to a bar and buy it from someone. Its not because its not a dangerous drug, its because it was new and there was no law for it yet. But it didn't take long it became an illegal substance.

What the witnesses do is unethical and dangerous, its just not illegal yet

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

The Commission is doing what it set out to do. Expose the inadequacies of legal systems. Both those within the institutions that it is investigating and those in the society at large.

This is a serious inadequacy that the Royal commission has successfully uncovered. Now it can be fixed.

There is more to come. It ain't over til the fat lady sings...the hearing has just started rolling for the JWs. But, they sit within a larger institutional problem - they are only one institution of many being investigated.

That is why changes will occur - they JW institutional policies are not the only ones being investigated. This isn't "oh no! JWs are being singled out for persecution!"

It just so happens that the JW religion is coming out of this inquiry as being woefully inadequate on many different levels.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    At the end they may say oh wow, ok there is no law, now we have something to work on, one law coming up!
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

At the end of the day what recommendations will be made remains to be seen until all the institutions being called to "please explain" have been called. This will take some time it has already been going for a while already, it's just JW's turn at the moment. The thing to remember is that our beloved cult is on recieving end of some serious scrutiny, the likes of which is unprecedented in this country. That is a good thing. This is just the first domino in a line of dominos.

Soflty , softly catchy monkey.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit