Russia: Nuclear Material Missing

by Reborn2002 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Considering the turn of events in the world recently with the newly imposed UN sanctions on Iraq and the Bush Administration threatening to forcibly remove Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq... I found the following article on Yahoo to be interesting.

It should be noted that Russia and Iraq are on reasonably friendly terms. It was Russia whom on several occasions requested that the UN use different language in expressing their agenda... oftentimes in defense of Iraq.

So the question becomes... is nuclear material missing? Is Al-Qaeda involved? Or was it given to the Iraqi government and then reported as missing? I am not stating any of the above as fact, nor am I attempting to persuade anyone else in believing any of the above possibilities. Let the conspiracy theories abound! They always are enjoyable to read.

I will reserve comment regarding my opinion. However I thought this topic might make for interesting debate and stimulating conversation.

Edited by - Reborn2002 on 15 November 2002 19:36:46

• Francois
    Francois

I have read that up to 200 pounds of weapons grade plutonium is missing in Russia. You only need about 40 pounds to make a bomb.

I know, let's follow jjrizo's plan and not take on Iraq. We'll find that missing plutonium easy enough when a light like a thousand suns lights up some American city. THEN we'll know where it went, won't we?

• JH
    JH

Alexander Lebed, a Russian general who died a few months ago in a hellicopter crash, told a reporter that over 100 suitcase bombs were missing in the former soviet union's arsenal. That could be in the hands of any terrorist. These suitcase bombs have a power of 1 kiloton of TNT.

read this:

http://nuketesting.enviroweb.org/hew/News/Lebedbomb.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit