"Planned Giving to Benefit Kingdom Service...

by Gianluca 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Gianluca
    Gianluca

hello,
    Does anyone know if there is a copy somwhere on the WWW of the Society's English-language brochure entitled "Planned Giving to Benefit Kingdom Service Worldwide"?
    If not could someone tell me why the WTS thought it was necessary to print such a brochure (by the title it does not seem to be "spiritual food")

Thanks
    Gianluca

• Prisca
    Prisca
    could someone tell me why the WTS thought it was necessary to print such a brochure (by the title it does not seem to be "spiritual food")

M - O - N - E - Y

• somebody
    somebody

Hi Gianluca and Prisca,

According to themselves, this is why the brochure was written:

"The brochure was written in response to the many inquiries the Society has received regarding gifts, wills, and trusts."

And of course, the WBTS didn't forget to say that supporting the work is a privilege, and that to support the WBTS is actaully display of love to Jehovah. It makes Jehovah's heart rejoice! The society even put stuff in the following info from the 11/1/98 watchtower to encourage CHILDREN to give them money too! Here is some info for you. It includes info on where to write if you want to order the brochure....

Truly, Jehovah's heart rejoices to see both young and old put his Kingdom interests first by 'honoring him with their valuable things.' (Proverbs 3:9, 10) Of course, no one can actually enrich Jehovah, for he owns all things. (1 Chronicles 29:14-17) But supporting the work is a privilege that affords the worshiper opportunity to display his love for Jehovah.

Ways in Which Some Choose to Give Contributions to the Worldwide Work

Many set aside, or budget, an amount that they place in the contribution boxes labeled: "Contributions for the Society's Worldwide Work-Matthew 24:14." Each month congregations forward these amounts either to the world headquarters in Brooklyn, New York, or to the local branch office.

Voluntary donations of money may also be sent directly to the Treasurer's Office, Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, 25 Columbia Heights, Brooklyn, New York 11201-2483, or to the Society's office that serves your country. Jewelry or other valuables may be donated as well. A brief letter stating that such is an outright gift should accompany these contributions.

Conditional-Donation Arrangement

Money may be given to the Watch Tower Society under a special arrangement in which, should the donor have a personal need, the donation will be returned to him. For more information, please contact the Treasurer's Office at the address noted above.

Planned Giving

In addition to outright gifts of money and conditional donations of money, there are other methods of giving to benefit Kingdom service worldwide. These include:

Insurance: The Watch Tower Society may be named as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy or in a retirement/pension plan.

Bank Accounts: Bank accounts, certificates of deposit, or individual retirement accounts may be placed in trust for or made payable on death to the Watch Tower Society, in accord with local bank requirements.

Stocks and Bonds: Stocks and bonds may be donated to the Watch Tower Society either as an outright gift or under an arrangement whereby income continues to be paid to the donor.

Real Estate: Salable real estate may be donated to the Watch Tower Society either by making an outright gift or by reserving a life estate to the donor, who can continue to live therein during his or her lifetime. One should contact the Society before deeding any real estate to the Society.

Wills and Trusts: Property or money may be bequeathed to the Watch Tower Society by means of a legally executed will, or the Society may be named as a beneficiary of a trust agreement. A trust benefiting a religious organization may provide certain tax advantages.

As the term "planned giving" implies, these types of donations typically require some planning on the part of the donor. To assist individuals desiring to benefit the Society through some form of planned giving, the Society has prepared an English-language brochure entitled Planned Giving to Benefit Kingdom Service Worldwide. The brochure was written in response to the many inquiries the Society has received regarding gifts, wills, and trusts. It also contains additional useful information on estate, financial, and tax planning. And it is designed to help individuals in the United States who are planning to make a special gift to the Society now or to leave a bequest at death to select the most advantageous and efficient method in the light of their family and personal circumstances.

After reading the brochure and conferring with the Planned Giving Desk, many have been able to assist the Society and at the same time, maximize the tax benefits of doing so. The Planned Giving Desk should be informed of and receive a copy of any relevant document pertaining to any of these arrangements. Those interested in a brochure or in any of these planned giving arrangements should contact the Planned Giving Desk, either in writing or by telephone, at the address listed below or at the Society's office that serves your country.

Planned Giving Desk

Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania

100 Watchtower Drive, Patterson, New York 12563-9204

Telephone: (914) 878-7000

[Box on page 28]

Children Are Cheerful Givers Too!

I want to give you this to make more books for us. I saved this money up from helping my daddy. Thank you very much for all the hard work you do.-Pamela, age seven.

I am sending you$6.85 to help build more Kingdom Halls. I made it this summer when I had a lemonade stand.-Selena, age six.

I was raising a hen from which I got a rooster and another hen. I dedicated the last one to Jehovah. It finally gave birth to three hens, which I sold. I enclose the amount for Jehovah's work.-Thierry, age eight.

This is all the money I have! Please use it wisely. It was hard to save. Here is $21.-Sarah, age ten.

I won first prize in a school assignment, so I had to go on to the county competition. I won first place there too and then second prize in the district finals. For all of these, I won cash. I wanted to share some of that money with the Society. I feel that I was able to win these prizes because of the training I have received in the Theocratic Ministry School. I felt comfortable giving my report in front of the judges.-Amber, sixth grade.

I would like to give you this for Jehovah. Ask him what to do with it. He knows everything.-Karen, age six.

[Pictures on page 25]

The activities of Jehovah's Witnesses are supported by voluntary donations

peace,
    somebody

• Gianluca
    Gianluca

Thanks you Somebody for the info. They sure use every possible means to cash in $$$

Ciao
    Gianluca

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

Look under the charitable annuity post by MAC

I am having one snet to me.

I would suggest all here get one...........I plan(no that I suggest anyone else do this), on making copies sending them as it was coming form Brooklyn to my mom sister and father in law.......

in hopes they willtake it to the hall and ask questions

Doubt is like a drip of water on a rock.....

S
    PS If you look in NOVEMBER 1 issue of the watchtower for the last three years, there is one page on donations. THis brochure is mentioned , but NOWHERE is the word ANNUITY uttered.

My opinion is this is a way for anyone , or corp to donate money IRREVOCABLY , and then name a payee to get the money out TAX FREE!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit