My poor JW mom and her dead friend

by dolphman 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dolphman
    dolphman

I just got a phone call from my wailing mom that her best friend, and someone I grew up with, has died.

I really disliked this woman. Her son told on me for saluting the flag in high school. That's how my mom and her became friends. So we were off to great start as you can see.

Anyway she died last night, and i can't help but feel sorry for all these Jehovahs' Witnesses who thought Armageddon was going to be here in like 1987 and yet there sitting rotting away on some hospital bed in 2002, after spending their whole lives yelling at their kids/shunning their kids who were leaving the truth, trying to be good Jehovahs' Witnesses and sacrificing everything for the big Paradise payoff.

It makes me sick to my stomach that the JWs are still getting away with it. My poor mom. She took a bunch of fucking pills to pass out cause she couldn't deal with the death. No Armegeddon yet and her friend dies. She used to say how she'd never get old and that her friend (who died) would be with her during Armageddon and that they would call each other when it started and meet up at each others houses with their kids. They would have Armageddon drills practically.

Even though the bitch is dead and good riddance to her, i feel for my mom who is almost 50, and is losing friends she'd never thought she'd lose. All I can think about is how awful her life will be in the next coming years. I don't know if she'll last. I hope to god she can keep fooling herself into believeing still. I wouldn't want her to know the truth of it. I"m afraid she'd kill herself. She's sacraficed so much: her marriage, her kids, her sanity. I"m thanful i was able to figure it out in time and get myself a real life, free from all the hocus pocus superstions of being a JW.

If i saw someone with a magazine right now i'd really lay in to them. IF i saw a Governing Body member i'd punch him right in the fucking face.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

[ Silent Nod ]

• wednesday
    wednesday

Hi, i just wanted to say-your mon and Dad must have done something right-u sound like a very nice person , to feel for your mom like this. your mom is not old-she still has a lot of time left and who knows , i have been jw all my life and am just now seeing the light. Maybe u can be available for your mom, and give her your shoulder. She won't forget it-i assure u. even whn i was strong jw, i never shunned my kids-they are just plain wrong on that point. More than a few jw feel that way. hope your mom is ok and will come around.

wednesday

• dolphman
    dolphman

thanks Wednesday...i hope your right.

• dolphman
    dolphman

thanks Wednesday...i hope your right.
  • Latte
    Latte

{{{{{{{{{{dolphman}}}}}}}}}

So sorry about your mom's sadness. I have seen this happening lots recently, long standing/serving JW's loosing their partners.....absolutely overwhelmed with grief. As you quite rightly stated, they expected to live through Armageddon. I feel for them. My mom has recently left.....she is very happy at the moment, she just wishes that she had realized a lot sooner, she is a lot older than your mom. Maybe when you mom is feeling a little better in the future, it might be worth drawing her out at bit, my mom kept her true feeling bottle for years.

Peace to you

Latte

• shera
    shera

silent nod here to..

but hugs to you and one for your mom as well

• TR
    TR

Hey Dolph,

Sorry you have to go through this with your mom. I tend to agree with how you feel. If my parents were suffering like that, I'd be very pissed.

TR

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I was around 50 when I woke up to the truth about "The Truth"- but it does take something to give you a jolt. May be this will be it.

All the best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit