Annual Report

by hamptonite21 7 Replies latest jw friends

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

when does the annual report of the Jan 01 WT come out? Im interested to see it? I know they should be mailed soon, can someone post it? I dont have a subscription anymore

• blondie
    blondie

hampton

One, no magazines are mailed to individuals just to congregations where JWs in good standing pick them up. (I supposed DF'd and DA'd can get a personal copy if they are attending the meetings)

Two, the magazines come out earlier in some countries possibly due to a smaller printing. I think Canada and UK come out before the US. At least that is what I observe when someone has a comment on a WT and the KH where I go doesn't have it yet. Invariably, the person is from outside the US.

I will post it when I get it unless someone else beats me to it.

The figures are doctored any way. If not, there will be an explanation for the drop.

Peak Average Prev Avg % chg

-1.0%

-1.4%

0.5%

This was blamed on the "apostates" "discovered" and booted out of Bethel 2 years later.

Edited by - Blondie on 13 November 2002 0:17:43

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

blondie

In the US they can be mailed to your home

Unless that changed in the last 3 yrs since I have been df'd

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, hampton, that changed. No one is the US gets it mailed any more. In fact I don't think anyone in the world does. There are a few exception where people are live in isolated areas. Publishers deliver the mags to the householders and pick up their own personal copies at the KH. It was discussed on JWD when it happened. A search might bring it up. I'm not sure what word "subscription" may work.

Blondie

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=6848&site=3

Edited by - Blondie on 13 November 2002 0:30:47

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Yeah COME AND GET IT you guys...heheheheh...said the spider to the fly. What better way to control the dissemination of information than to demand that you come to THEM to get it. What better way to keep it out of the hands of APOSTATES than to make them come to the HALL to get it. What better way to trap question and chastise irregular or inactive brothers than to CORNER them picking up their magazines...

• jack2
    jack2

Yep, no more subbies mailed in the US. I guess saving $ is more important than reaching people, but hey, that's my take on it. Some people may still be getting them in the mail until their subbie runs out; mine expires in 3/03....but I cancelled a while back....I hated reading folded magazines anyway.

Edited by - jack2 on 13 November 2002 8:46:44

• jazbug
    jazbug

In my opinion, no subscriptions is part of a bigger picture. It's not a $ issue. It's control. Put these three changes together...NO SUBS...COUNT 15 MIN.OF TIME if you are ill, disabled, etc....1ST 3 MO. OF 2003 WILL SEE A MASSIVE CAMPAIGN BY ELDERS TO REACTIVATE INACTIVE ONES. Sooo, if you are inactive, you aren't going to get any info from the WTS and I would guess that with the other 2 points above, SOMETHING IS GOING TO BE DONE ABOUT INACTIVE ONES....maybe da'd. Being able to count 15 min. means that no one has an excuse for not turning in time. I think inactive ones are becoming a threat to the WTS and they want to tighten up the control on the members. Just my observations....jazbug

s

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

thanks for the info guys, If someone gets the report could you post it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit