What would a JW do if their none JW neighbor molested their 9 year old daughter???

by James Mixon 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Have anyone heard of a case where they (JW) turn the person over

to the law????

• rebel8
    rebel8

Excellent point.

I knew a few. They handled it with authorities, but reluctantly, no care for the child, and gossiping about the child to the people at the hall. Ruined the victim's reputation, you know, because girls are damaged goods if they get raped (according to their twisted theology), and if they didn't cry out, they are guilty of fornication.

God this is a sick organization.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Before we were witnesses, I was molested by a non-JW neighbor. (Decades later I found out the my younger brother was also molested by the same neighbor.)

I recall at the time that I *did* report the incident to my parent(s).

My parent(s)'s reaction at the time: He continued to be our babysitter.

When confronted in therapy 30 years after the incident, my parent(s)'s response: "Aude is just making it up. She's just looking for attention. And besides, I spoke with the guy's mother and she said he would never do anything like that."

It may have just been a typical reaction/denial (or not) for the time period in which it occurred, but I'm not really sure. Some JWs prefer to stick their head in the sand and pretend everything is fine and they are great protectors and there is nothing they can do about anything anyway. Some non-JWs feel the same way.

Others act like grown-ups and take charge and responsibility for themselves and watch out for their children's best interest.

I would hope that modern-day (!!) JWs would not hesitate to action and would file a police report immediately whether the offender is JW or not.

I try to keep hoping that (all) people will due the right thing. Sadly, I am sometimes disappointed.

-Aude.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

AudeSapere: So sorry....

rebel8: I agree, it's a sick and dangerous organization that needs to be exposed.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I know what they'd do if their daughter was 13. Send her to the elders to determine if she was a victim or willing and just a skanky, fornicating evildoer.

Personal experience.

To say I am happy the WTBTS is being exposed for what they are is a huge understatement.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Curious, how would they handle it. Obviously the elders will not be able to

bring in a none JW and question him or her with the two witness absurdity.

How can they make a decision and why would a JW go to the elders when

the accuser is not a JW???

• cognac
    cognac

I knew a JW guy that molested 8 kids. The mom (his wife) found out, and went straight to the police. He's been locked up for years. All the Elders in our hall supported her.

Never occured to me until much later that people would be so stupid as to contact an Elder first or that the Elders would handle these matters in such a disgusting way. Even when I did hear things, I thought it had been those particular elders doing things outside of what they were told to do. How appalling to find out just how epidemic this issue really is.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    I proposed that same question to my elder dad one time when we were discussing all the child abuse lawsuits being faced by the Society. I asked him "Would you call the authorities if a child in the hall was being abused?" His response: "Only if the Legal Dept. told me I should, yes." "Would you call the authorities if you discovered the little girl next door was being abused by her father?" His response: "Of course!!!" CD was kicking in big time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit