A few facts to ponder

by Nitty-Gritty 47 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Sabin
    Sabin
    Sloppyjoe2 you said it, nitty gritty like so many stand up for WTBTS but not for JEHOVAH. You know there is a difference. Jesus stood apart from Gods representatives on earth, Pharisees/Sadducees and look what happened to him. Nitty gritty has a right to her opinions, and maybe they are based a little in fear or maybe she truly believes what she has been told. I just think that Jesus is sitting in heaven making a large whip. After all wasn't it him who said "let the children come to me, the kingdom of the heavens belongs to such one". How the hell is WTBTS going to explain this away to him. "I want mercy, not sacrifice". Where was the mercy for these poor kids.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

nitty gritty - "All the discussions and criticism of how JWs handle child abuse are based on conjecture."

Aaaaand you've just shredded what little credibility you had left.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    That's funny because all the discussions and criticisms JWs have about child abuse victims is based on WT propoganda.
  • Illuminated
    Illuminated
    Nitty-Gritty wrote: "...Also, sorry to disappoint you, but most “worldly” people are not going to be “put off” by the JWs because of child molestation issues as they know this is prevalent in all society..."

I've never been a JW and wouldn't suggest you speak for non-JW's.

Why is your priority set on defending 7 men and it's corrupt immoral policies versus having compassion and an eagerness to defend these children who've grown into adults and have suffered their entire lives? "Worldly" people don't pay much attention to JW's, and if you bring up the organization, overall they're referred to as "That weird religion who are like salespeople" or "Mind control cult". Yet, there's still a sense of sympathy for the members who've been so easily misled. The irony is the members are clearly under undue influence attempting to hold up teachings built on a stack of cards by a series of corrupt men who control your entire lives and thoughts - convincing you it's the other way around...

Who's controlled by satan? Worldly organizations who shed light out of genuine care for the safety of children onto the darkness WTS has tried to hide, or WTS who's more concerned about it's reputation and doesn't want the darkness exposed? I mean, is your god really that small where he's concerned about the reputation of his earthly name versus thousands of children being raped, sodomized and gagged with male body parts? Or are these 7 leaders bullshitting you?

If you're so proud of your organization, try telling the next "worldly" person you come across that your beloved organization has a two witness policy in sexual abuse cases. That there's a judicial meeting involving 3 elders/the pedophile/and the victim all in one room while the surrounding men force the victim to give detailed information of the abuse while the pedophile scumbag denies it and remains in the organization further exposing himself to innocent children and the victim is forced to shut up otherwise it's slander. Then the victim is forced to confront the pedophile and tell him/her all is forgiven, followed by the pedophile at times being transferred to other congregations without any warning to the members in the new congregation, along with being shipped to our doors. Let's see what their reaction will be. Every non-JW family and friends I've shared this with were absolutely appalled and disgusted.

The sexual abuse and testimonies of the victims are real, they have happened and they are happening. This is what happened to my love as a little child, and it's further confirmed with every other WTS sexual abuse case/victim, very similar stories it is eerie and deeply heartbreaking. These victims have lived a life of horror, trauma, anguish, continuous flashbacks/post traumatic stress disorder, falling into drugs and alcohol in order to cope with the repetitive detailed nightmares and flashbacks of the abuse, immense fear, isolation, self worth issues, intimate relationship dysfunction, suicide attempts and the list goes on.

What have you members done besides blown off the victim with one excuse after another stating "Wait on Jehovah"... Wait on Jehovah when a child is sodomized while staring at the wall with tears coming down their face unable to physically run??? Wait on Jehovah while you sit in during a meeting while a child somewhere is being sexually assaulted that very moment because of your organizations policies looking out for their own best interest? What about the "worldly" child next door being exposed to a pedophile? Yet a member caught smoking is turned in and disfellowshipped? It's so horrifically disturbing it's borderline comical.

It seems like you're trying hard to convince yourself your beloved 7 leaders are who they say they are. WTS is worse then the Catholics. At least they don't spread the horrific parasites door to door further increasing the risk of a child being raped. I'll give them that in comparison. Your 7 leaders and it's puppets have made "Satan's" job easier by hopping on his boat and further polluting the world with trauma - you're helping as well by promoting it.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Ha, NG has a point. What's a bit of child abuse among friends. Not off-putting at all.
  • Illuminated
    Illuminated
    As with most traumatic events in people's lives, how the trauma is addressed AFTER the fact is often more impactful on an individual's future life and development than the actual trauma itself.

Yes, this very statement was confirmed by my loved one who's a WT sexual abuse victim. The way it was handled by the elders and the leaders harmed him even more so then the abuse.

• Listener
    Listener

Nitty Gritty said

<<Well it can't be a wife, as I occupy that role. If it was my sister I would encourage her to go to the police, but I would respect her decision whether to go or not. I could not force her. But she would be obliged to go to the elders to report the sin/crime of a fellow believer. If she didn't go I would report it to the elders for her. If it was my daughter, and she was a minor, I would not need to consult with anyone. I would report the person to the elders and the police immediately, and not necessarily in that order.>>

What biblical basis requires that you inform the elders? You are not under the Mosaic law. You were not a witness to the event and there would not be two witnesses. Under your own JW rules you would be required to approach the Brother with the accusation first.

It's pretty pathetic that you are prepared to take the matter to the elders if she wouldn't and without knowing what is holding her back. She may have been threatened for all you know and going to the elders could potentially make matters much worse.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Nitty Gritty - commendation for having the opposite views to the ones imposed by Brooklyn regarding reporting anything which "could bring reproach on Jehovah's name" - and also being prepared to ignore the G.B.'s directives to keep away from sites like this. Independent thinking is good for you - it let's you obey 1 John 4:1, whereas the Org doesn't want you to do so.

"If it was my sister I would encourage her to go to the police......

"If it was my daughter, and she was a minor, I would report the person to the elders and the police immediately...."

However, unless you've missed the outcomes of numerous cases in recent years, you would be putting yourself in jeopardy with the Org/local elders if you did not "leave the matter in Jehovah's hands."

You are only a woman - they dictate how such offences are dealt with and who is informed. I was an "appointed man" at one time - I know the elders M.O. If you believe otherwise, try asking your elders questions about anything connected with the J.W. paedophile cases - see how you are treated.

Enjoy your "time" here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit