A few facts to ponder

by Nitty-Gritty 47 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

You don't have to come here to defend your religion and yet you do.... hmmmm...

Me thinks you must weally weally wuv us underneath that trolly exterior.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

Nitty Gritty, thanks for coming on here to update us on the past activities of Bill Bowens. We are so happy to have apostates like you who have connections with the major bigwig apostates. I know you wouldn't molest a child right? I'm sure you are just trying to look at things from a fair and balanced perspective. The fact that you are on here as a budding apostate shows that you have other issues with the org. Clearly THIS issue isn't as big a deal to you as other issues are, like perhaps unscriptural shunning or the unscriptural reinstatement arrangement. Perhaps the North Korea like information control techniques that the society employs disturb you as well.

You are commenting on a very emotional issue that people on this site have suffereed from, or perhaps their friends or family haver suffered from. Don't be surprised by the emotional backlash of from your posts. People are angry. People have been wronged and those are the facts man.

• Nitty-Gritty
    Nitty-Gritty

@searcher

Nitty Gritty - If your wife/sister/daughter was raped by a fellow J.W., would you consult the elders first, or would you report it to the police?

Interested to see what your reasoning is, compared to those elders in Australia - and elswhere.

Well it can't be a wife, as I occupy that role. If it was my sister I would encourage her to go to the police, but I would respect her decision whether to go or not. I could not force her. But she would be obliged to go to the elders to report the sin/crime of a fellow believer. If she didn't go I would report it to the elders for her. If it was my daughter, and she was a minor, I would not need to consult with anyone. I would report the person to the elders and the police immediately, and not necessarily in that order.

• azor
    azor

Nitty you are shameful. Does your husband know you are on this site?

Have you seen or read the testimony?

Can or will you answer?

• azor
    azor

Wait I just realized it. Nitty is probably one of those uber pioneers. Marching in high step for unity et all.

Nitty you must be low on your hours this month. Are you approaching your 840 hours for the year? You must be killing it with r.v.'s on your monthly report card.

• Nitty-Gritty
    Nitty-Gritty
    Haha, very funny @azor. The problem is I've go too much time on my hands.
  • Island Man
    Island Man
    I think the OP just broke the JWN record for the most thumbs down.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The FBI would only take on cases that cross jurisdictional lines. The vast majority of pedophile cases within the United States are within a community, at least within one state. I don't think too many JW pedos want to take their victim across state lines to escape one local jurisdiction.

Watchtower may have it's hands tied on publishing names of pedophiles, but they can stop protecting them by killing one-witness accusations and they can put the children's welfare first and foremost.

In Australia, we want first and foremost for the victims to get their needed help. But what disgusting things happened have already happened. We might be a bit glad that it is being revealed and that will probably decrease the number of future victims there.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

NittyGritty. What are you doing here? You are confused about this Royal Commission it seems. And .......you seem to verge toward "minimizing" the damage that sexual abuse has on children within this religion; by taking the entire topic and generalizing it to death.

Recall: Responses to sexual abuse of children within "institutions". This includes the WTBTS Jehovah's Witness religion.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Anyway why are we talking about the FBI, when if the UK and AUS models are followed it will end up with congressional hearings. Now that would be fun.

Oh my goodness, just the thought of Trey Gowdy grilling them would absolutely make my year. Though, I must say, Stewert ( I think that's his name right?) he is now equal to Trey in my admiration of someone who REALLY does his homework and knows how to question leaving no doubts, and no outs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit