Any new halls?

by JH 8 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

When I joined the Org. in 1988, every once in a while new halls were being built here and there. I couldn't pass a month without hearing that a new hall was being built. I don't think that many more are being built anymore. Here in the province of Quebec, in my former congregation, I notice how few are still active and preaching regularly. I still know where the meeting places are, and always the same few people show up. Have you noticed their decline also in your neck of the woods?

• Undecided
    Undecided

I noticed a" for sale" sign in front of the old KH for a year. They have a new lot to build a new hall but I guess they have to sell the old one first. I wonder how long it will take to sell the old one? Why they decided to build a new one I don't know. I'm sure it wasn't because of an increase in publishers.

Ken P.

• JH
    JH

Maybe they don't know what to do with all the money coming in

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Watch Tower Publishing Corporation diversified from strictly publishing and the collection of donations and wills to real estate and construction years ago. Headquarters discovered it was a small step after inducing people to engage in unpaid religious literature distribution to show them the way of engaging in unpaid construction and remodeling of Corporation controlled buildings.

Many Witnesses I am aware of preferred the construction aspect of Organization service to the proselytizing and fundraising. The workers went into the unpaid construction services with enthusiasm and the construction became what circuit assemblies once were, social with food and a common purpose and a feeling of accomplishment. Either way the Corporation benefits.

gb

The Way I See it http://www.freeminds.org/buss/buss.htm

• minimus
    minimus

Gary, I liked your post. .....Another way not to lose money and actually make it!

• NotBlind
    NotBlind

All the new halls I've heard of in the last several years were built only because the old buildings were either falling in or were on the bad side of town. I know of none built because of they actually outgrew an old building.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Well we live by an assembly hall. It is big and beautiful. (My hubby is a JW.) I got to see the inside when hubby had to talk to the laison committee about their living will .

They are redecorating. I couldn't believe it! It was already beautiful and they are tearing out and replacing the old (beautiful) tile and carpet and also adding an apartment for the Overseer when he visits!. Hubby's JW sister took him on some tours of the WTBTS buildings in NY when he was there. They look like a cathedral! Painted ceilings and all. Cushy theatre seats..Sure wasn't like that when I was a witness. I thought with all th epoor witnesses.. they could lend a helping hand instead of building all those fancy buildings!.

Start someJW schools..Daycare centers for JW's..JW hospital...Get the picture?

Sure ..like they care!

They are so busy..hubby had to call THEM and beg them to visit him!..Of course they are very busy on the assembly hall. But they would try and get by! His hall is so big they have 4 congregations that use it. Two in the morning at opposite ends and two in the afternoon. Ministry school is held on opposite nights.

I couldn't believe it! When I used to go... if they had to have two congregations meet in the same hall... it was time to build a new one! (Which the local witnesses did all the work...No pay!)

Snoozy....

Edited by - Golden Girl on 11 November 2002 22:59:21

• sf
    sf

Current Projects List - November 2002 -- Placer County, Calif.
    ... William Cummings and Harry Stathos, 7700 ... California Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses,
    514 Sacramento St ... Breuch, Planning Department LUND CONSTRUCTION COMPANY ...
    www.placer.ca.gov/planning/projlist.htm - 92k - Nov. 14, 2002 - Cached - Similar pages

[PDF] CURRENT PROJECTS LISTING
    File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
    ... Cummings and Harry Stathos, 7700 College Town Dr ... Auburn California Congregation of
    Jehovah's Witnesses, 514 Sacramento ... of Public Works LUND CONSTRUCTION COMPANY ...
    www.placer.ca.gov/planning/projlist.pdf - Similar pages

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Pretty busy in my area building and remodeling, been quite a few new congregations formed. Most halls have four or even five congregations meeting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit