Australian hearings on JW.org child abuse featured on CNN

by Simon 22 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• barry
    barry
    These findings are reported in our newspapers I saw something today at the coffee shop but didn't have time to read the details
  • 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I personally think this is going to have a substantial impact with Aussies both JW and not. The royal commission into the Catholic Church was fairly damning and was all over the news for a few weeks but people have almost come to expect that type of shit from the Catholics. The situation with WT is far worse .

The seemingly benign JW religion is finally being exposed for the evil, tyrannical cult that it is.

I am not usually very optimistic when it comes to WT religion going into any sort of decline or major recession, but this is not just a small issue that will grab a headline and go away. This will only get worse for them and I can really see a major backlash coming,

Australians are already extremely apathetic towards religion and I would say at least 15-25% of Australian JWs are just as apathetic towards there own religion[ie social club].

I can imagine standing behind a JW.org cult cart is going to get awfully uncomfortable for some, and way to embarrissing for many.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Thanks Simon.

Caught it just in time! It was PRIME TIME on CNN! Imagine how many forty, fifty, sixty and seventy year old JWs were watching just before hitting the sack for the night! And this is only day one of the hearings. Emma Hannigan the SBS Correspondent or one of the other news personnel said these hearings will be going on for the next two weeks!

WOW! Just...WOW!

The expression bares repeating..."There's too much smoke for there not to be a fire" in JW and WT world!

• TheListener
    TheListener
    CNN America or CNN UK? Or are they the same?
  • Giordano
  • tenyearsafter
  • TheListener
    TheListener

Google news has lots of articles on the Royal Commission from all over the world and ony a couple on the regional conventions - not what the GB were hoping for this summer I am sure.

• Watchtower-Free
  • Simon
    Simon

Jehovahs Witnesses - officially "the worse" church at covering child abuse.

They finally managed to be 'better' at something than the Catholic Church ...

• oppostate
    oppostate

I thought it very interesting that the photo chosen for the CNN news feature on the Australian Royal Commission's looking into the JW pedophile affair is that of a young man looking at a WT article entitled:

"WHO REALLY IS THE FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE?"

Who really should be held accountable for setting up the doctrinal procedures? None other than the Gobbering Body who claims they and only they are the "Faithful and discreet slave."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit