Speculation ( not theory ) on child abuse inquiries.

by DATA-DOG 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• karter
    karter

DATA DOG,As i'm from down under i can answer your question.

If a royal commission is convened and you are called as a witness you must attend and answer all questions or be held in contempt.

There was a royal commission in the 90's about police corruption in New south wales and 11 police officer committed sue-aside rather than attend.

Karter.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The WT has no authority to decide who appears and who does not appear at a Royal Commission.

Which must he quite a novel experience for them. The elders are GB cannon fodder just as much as the r&f are.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

I was wondering exactly the same, thanks fit the answers everybody that seems clear as day now..

How high up can the commissions powers reach? Can they enforce change of policy? And if so, only for Oz?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Thanks, everyone.

The best thing about the manner in which the Royal Commission takes place, is that the Eldubs have to attend. They can't refuse! They are now finding themselves on the wrong side of the back-room table!

Just imagine all the anger, confusion, and contempt they must be struggling with. I suppose a good Eldub could truly be trying to defend the faith, but I've seen so many arrogant Eldubs that the first scenario seems more likely.

Lights, camera, action, it's their worst nightmare come true! They have always operated from the insular, fairy-tale realm of the back-room. They had all the power, now they have none. Jeehoober ain't coming to save them.

I was always raised to believe that revenge is wrong, but I can't help but feel happy as I envision their sleepless nights, tension headaches, and their stomachs in knots. This inquiry by the Royal Commission is a real bitch-slap of truth.

DD

• hoser
    hoser
    Karma is a bitch. What goes around comes around.
  • TheListener
    TheListener
    What can the Commission do as a result of the hearings? What power do they have?
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It seems the WTS trying to emulate the social moral standards of the ancient Hebrews is causing some internal problems.

There are impending problems with the social environments within the JW religion, one being that all people who are associated within the religion are perceived to be clean righteous moral people. The other is how situations of pedophilia are handled, such as the JWS applying the two witness rule, this in itself incites people to exploit this rule of law as it were. And the intent of keeping these situations under a gag order with the intent of keeping the outward appearance of the organization look clean within its membership.

With that as a all whole, this leaves children vulnerable.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney
    True believing JWs are perfectly willing to lie for the Borg, go to prison for the Borg, or die for the Borg. I expect very few of these elders to be swayed in any way by these proceedings. None of them have so far.

The benefit will be that *maybe* the news media surrounding all this will empower more victims to come forward and realize that the cult is WRONG and EVIL for how it's treated them. Also, people will be less likely to take the literature, study, convert, etc. though that's barely ever happening anymore anyway.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Listener,

I don't know what kind of power the Royal Commission has. I don't know if they can force policy changes or not. For some reason the WTBTS feels that the Eldubs better show up.

Then again, these Eldubs may know that they are on their own, and they may have some twisted delusions of being a bible hero/martyr for the Troof! I have many an Eldub mention that in certain cases, the WTBTS will not back you up.

I would appear before the commission and pass the blame as much as possible if I knew the GB were throwing me under the bus. Maybe that is their plan???

DD

• karter
    karter

The Listener,A royal commission has wide ranging powers.

It can recommend to parliament law changers and can prosecute wrong doing.

In the early 90 a royal commission in police corruption,11 police officer committed sue-aside rather than give evidence.

karter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit