Speculation ( not theory ) on child abuse inquiries.

by DATA-DOG 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Data-Dog - "I'm wondering WHY the WTBTS is allowing Eldubs to appear in these inquiries in Australia?? How can this serve the WTBTS's interests??"

It doesn't.... but...

...local elders tried being uncooperative in a pedo-related court case in the UK last year, and it did not go well. The branch eventually told them they had to testify, not to mention that the moment the Org refused to hand over the requested files and GB member Gerrit Loesch for testimony in a US case earlier this year, the judge found in favor of Zalkin's client by default.

Plus, anything else makes it look like they have something to hide and/or that they're violating God's Law by not testifying (as the Apostle Paul advised).

Screwed if they do, buggered if they don't.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

The short answer DD is that these guys aren't high enough on the WT totem pole to have legal defend them.

And by high enough, I mean on the governing body. Remember when the latest court docs in California came out and Losch was supposed to be deposed? Instead he no-showed and the WT had a $10 million judgement thrown at them instead of being transparent about their religion in the US.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    They have to appear. That's what makes this process in Australia so ground breaking in terms of exposure.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

They're required by the "superior authorities" to provide testimony (both by scripture and by law), but said testimony can't help but make them, the WTS's policies, and the Org itself look woefully incompetent and negligent...

...however, they have no choice but to stand by and defend said policies (particularly since they're in public), because to do otherwise constitutes "apostasy" in the WTS's eyes.

Talk about a rock and a hard place.

(Can't say as I feel a whole lot of sympathy for them, though.)

• kepler
    kepler

This is a very remarkable development. And as said above, it reflects the local Australian circumstances rather than the judicial procedures e,g., in the United States. But still, it gets me wondering: If the Brooklyn offices were made aware of what they were headed for in Australia, it must have built a fire under them to get a settlement in continuing appeal cases such as the one in California with the Conti family. A great deal of argument depends here in the States depends on what can be documented about WT organizational policy. Now there's going to be a "before" and "after" the Australian inquiry.

As to how well the suit (sic) fits, I will defer to the legal observers.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Ok, so after hearing the comments from the Eldubs being interviewed, I'm stunned. Why in the hell would these morons be allowed to testify in public? Don't get me wrong, it's awesome, but WTF?!??!

This got me thinking about some recent developments in the WTBTS. Not many months ago, there were some very odd WT articles on "apostates" and evil ones in the ORG. It was mentioned that the R&F shouldn't judge or worry. The article implied that Jeehoober might allow it to happen.

Then the 144,000 Club has some jack-ass saying that " as a whole " the Org cannot be corrupted. Then Rubber-face Lett and TOMO give their spin-doctoring skills a good workout. And now we have the Royal Commission investigating the WTBT's policies...

Are you picking up what I'm laying down???

DD

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Data-Dog - "Why in the hell would these morons be allowed to testify in public?"

'Cause they're the best the WTS has to offer?:smirk:

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho
    The Royal Commission also assists in establishing grounds for compensation. Legislation is what comes out of a hearing like this. They have far reaching powers.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Let's hope so.

DD

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Data-Dog - "Are you picking up what I'm laying down?"

Yes.

I'm also diggin' it, feelin' ya, and I can smell what the Rock is cooking, (Data-)Dawg.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit