The Company (a short play)

by thinker 1 Replies latest social entertainment

• thinker
    thinker

The Company

(a short play by thinker)

(Bob and Ted sit in Bob's livng room over a couple cold ones)

Bob: "Man, I can't believe I got fired! I worked my whole life for that company."

Ted: "What did you expect Bob? You go questioning the decisions that come down from the top, they're going to can you." "Those guys built this company into what it is today."

Bob: "Well, I know a few dirty little secrets about how this company was built" "You ever been to the company archives down in the basement?"

Ted: "I don't think we should be discussing that; whatever happened in the past is done and over." "Just look at where we are today!"

Bob: "To tell you the truth, I'm really not going to miss working there. It's not like they paid us anything..."

Ted: "Bob, that's not really fair. You know the company has made promises to us. Our future's really gonna be great someday, if we just stick with the company." "Besides, all your friends and family work there. Won't you miss them?"

Bob: "Yeah, that part sucks." "They take on new employees everyday; strangers off the streets, and they cuddle up and kiss their butts; but now that I'm fired, I'll probably never see them again."

Ted: "You could always come back. You know the routine, lay low for awhile, then go through the re-interview."

Bob: "I heard that can be tough, sitting at the back of the room during seminars like a whipped puppy. Then you never know how long the interview will last..." "Besides, how can I just forget the things I know about this company?" "I don't know if it's worth it."

Ted: "Well, I gotta run, Bob. Some people from work are getting together tonight..."

Bob: "OK Ted, I'll see you around."

Ted: "You know, I could visit more if you worked for the company. I hope to see you there soon."

Bob: "Bye, Ted. Take care."

Ted: (As the door is closing.) "Come on back to the company, Bob. It's a great place to work."

Bob: (As he sits down alone.) "I don't think so, Ted. There's GOT to be a better job out there than that one."

• heathen
    heathen

Is this a satire of the Wt?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit