Any violence against the WT?

by czarofmischief 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Ok,

I am curious about the history of the watchtower. If everyone hates them so bad when they leave, do you know if they ever attempted to exact a temporal revenge for spiritual hurts?

CZAR

• wednesday
    wednesday

This was told to me by a pioneer sis during the great apostate wars in the 80'. she told about a KH bing bombed,and the speaker and all those on the front rows were either killed or hurt badly. where i can't rembember now. Actually in the ealy 90's(can't remember the exact year) The FT. Worth TX convention site had received a bomb threat. I got this form a very reliable source-it was not gossip.

I know personally i have felt like going to the hall and causing a disturbance. LOl actually back in 63 i believe, there was an apostate i guess at the waco assembly. He started yelliing during the talk and the WT police quickly subdued him and THREW him out he door. Everyone was all a buzz about the APOSTATE..I know i would never have the nerve-but just once i would have liked to have replied to one of there retorical questions. from my seat. probably would not have been the answer they were wanting.).

yes, i too am surprised that there is not more violence. I have heard jof unbelieving husbands causing problems in the parking lot-but thiese are all of the urban legnd type stuff.

Edited by - wednesday on 10 November 2002 4:55:26

• metatron
    metatron

Most Witnesses are carefully trained to beat up themselves
    rather than the elders. This is why you hear about suicide
    instead of attempts at murder.

That said, there have been a lot of bomb threats against
    Kingdom Halls and assemblies - by disgruntled people.
    This organization contains a lot of deranged people.

I have often felt that if every df'ing by the elders ended
    up in a brawl and the police being called, we would see
    real change quickly. Beheadings at the French Revolution
    ended because a crowd grew embarrassed when a kindly
    noblewoman named DuBarry screamed and writhed in terror
    while being forced to the guillotine.

metatron

• derrickb007
    derrickb007

The problem with initiating violence, though, is that enevitably the innocent ones also get hurt along with the guilty ones. 1 year ago, I would still have been a blinded JW. I hate to think what would have happened if I got taken out by a bomb or something like that. I wouldn't be here today, now that I have woken up. Do we really have the right to decide who is guilty, and who will be saved? It's better not to get involved with any violent action, especially since the police would undoubtably get involved, and prosecution would befall anyone who started the violence.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

There have defintitely been bomb threats although who made the threat was never acknowledged as far as I know. The bomb threat at a Canadian DC this year made the papers when they had to evacuate everyone from the stadium.

A few cases of arson at KH have made the media also

I think as someone said most people who leave and are hurt by the WTS first believe that they are the ones in the wrong - not the WTS and the others who do recognize the danger of the WTS often have family and friends who are still in and would not want to see them hurt.

As painful as it is to leave (or be tossed out) most poeple do get to a point of realizing they are better off so why go for revenge. Plus we got out - our brains are engaged again and most (I hope) would realize the uselessness of such action. It would actually contribute to them thinking it is some kind of blessing or proof of God's blessing - can't be going to do that now - can we VBG

• jack2
    jack2

Well, striking out against them would also be just plain wrong. Violence is wrong and accomplishes nothing but more hurt and pain. It's very sad how they have hurt people - but retaliation does no good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit