Does the GB report time?

by nojw86 9 Replies latest jw friends

• nojw86
    nojw86

Just thought about all field service etc. Does the GB count time, and if they have a specific amount for the month, and if they should fall and not make their quota do the elders make a spiritual return visit on them? Since the corporate change does anyone know what they are doing ? LOL

• CornerStone
    CornerStone

I'm sure the GB have a "spiritual" time sheet that the angels fill-out every month. This thinking along the lines of Jesus "invisible" return or Jahovah "using" the watchtower to teach mankind.

CornerStone

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

using the FDS own words of them being LIKE apostles why arent they OUT visiting the R&F to upbuild them setting the EXAMPLE.........

did paul or john or was it peter............spend a great deal of time worrying about the magazine placemnts that month or how many hours were spent PREACHING no ...because THEY were the ones preaching!

id GOD sees all knows all...what is the REPORT for....other than the bone heads on the body to see if any region is slacking?
    s

• Tina
    Tina

Hi ((((((((nojw))))))))))

Actually,I think the Gb should DO time....(but that's just me :>)

Hope this finds you feelin chipper!! luv,Tina

• joelbear
    joelbear

Actually,

Bethel service is considered to be a priority over field service. When I was at Bethel this was made clear to me. One month I auxiliary pioneered while I was at Bethel (I heard a talk that convinced me that just being at Bethel wasn't wholesouled enough service to Jehovah. I used to cut my lunch break short so I could leave work early to do evening witnessing at my congo territory which was 45 minutes from the farm. My overseer took me aside one day and said that I couldn't do that anymore, that I had to work the exact hours that were scheduled to work. So I doubt that the GB goes in service.

hugs

Joel
    www.joelbear.com

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

Joel,
    its nice they lead by example...cant the RF just FOLLOW?
    S

• dedalus
    dedalus

Tina--

Actually,I think the Gb should DO time....(but that's just me :>)
    ROTFLMAO! Good one.

Joelbear--

I didn't realize you were at Bethel; somehow, in reading (and enjoying) your posts, I missed that. Anyway, the other day I checked out your website -- it's way cool! I e-mailed the address to my mom (also a gay ex-JW, though one doesn't need to be gay to enjoy your site) and she loved it too.

Dedalus

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day nojw,

A fascinating thought that you have raised. I wonder if the GB, like so many thousands of the R&F, are kept waiting for a shepherding call.

Does anyone shepherd them? Apart from ......(well, who?)

Ozzie

• zev
    zev

If they don't report pedophiles, what makes anyone think they report anything else at all?

Just my $.02

__
    zev
    Sitting on the Wrong Side of the Fence Class

• crownboy
    crownboy

I think they get to report the time they spend on speaking engagements. Apparently, very few of them actually participate in the "life saving" work. Too much time spent destroying them, I guess.

Go therefore and baptize the people in the name of the father and of the son... what the hell, we just need to bring up the yearbook numbers!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit