Well written, scathing article that summarises first 3 days of RC hearing.

by Pants of Righteousness 18 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Pants of Righteousness
    Pants of Righteousness

Hi

There's been quite a number newspaper articles quoted over the past week, but I would recommend this as a good summary of the first three days of the Royal Commission hearing in Australia - complete with some scathing commentary.

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, but have not seen this posted previously.

https://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au/news/law-crime/2015/08/01/royal-commission-examines-jehovah-witnesses-cover/14383512002194

Just one thing that is not quite right is that the article refers to Joe Bello as a Narrogin elder. The assualts took place while the victim was part of the Narrogin congregation. I understand Bello was later an elder in another congregation years later when the victim indicated she was considering pursuing some action.

Pants.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Thank you Pants for sharing the link. Very well written summary of what has taken place three of the four days of hearings this week. I'll look forward to more articles from this reporter in the days to come.
  • Tornintwo
    Tornintwo
    Excellent article, and scathing!
  • done4good
    done4good

Well written, damning, and any intellectually honest JW could read that and know it is the truth, if not blinded by the cognitive dissonance it will cause.

We need a well summarized, scathing article like that here in the US, from a credible source like the NYT. That will cause more than a few seeds to be planted.

d4g

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ done4good...

"The cognitive dissonance! It burns!!!"

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Wow! Quite an article. (I also learned a few new words (e.g. "gormless")

Bobcat

• Giordano
    Giordano
    Thank you for sharing that Pants............The article certainly was a must read.
  • Dumplin
    Dumplin

Thx pants. Printed in out and left it on kitchen table for JWwifey. Especially liked the last subheading's descriptive language. (made me get out my dictionary for some words though, lol)

I liked: "gormless elders"

"Men who demanded fealty from women"

"Solipsists who qualify their transgressions"

"men who must make a strategic choice to portray themselves as either bumbling or mendacious"

"cultures turned mouldy by self-perpetuating secrecy"

wish i could talk like that. shoulda gon to collage ;)

• cattails
    cattails

Great article to share. I posted the link on facebook. Within minutes my total facebook friends amount kept going down, I also got several messages asking if I was really a Jehovah's Witness.

I'm sure some will read it if they can do so secretly without other Witnesses finding out about them reading 'apostate' literature. Anything negative of the WT is 'apostate' to them.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I swear, I've never seen so much creative (and non-profanity-laced!) invective in a long, long time.

It's downright Shakespearian.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit