Had enough...vent...Grrrrrrrrr

by Brummie 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

My mom walked away from the Org, disillusioned by the WT, never DA or difd so occasionally still gets the mags delivered and a warning to hurry up back before she dies at Armageddon. Shes a peaceable person so has never rocked the boat, doesnt want to lose her JW family, her brother is an elder and has never once phoned or called to speak to her since she stopped attending meetings. Anyway heres the vent:

About every 6 months she gets a call from one of the anointed to see if my (terminally ill) dad has died yetgrrrrrrrrrr. Its always the same conversation that finishes with the same threat- Well what are you going to do when he does die? He will get a resurrection and you wont because you have walked away from Jehovah You will never see your husband again.yada yada

Why not phone nicely just to see how she is? Shes in her 60s and these phone calls always have her panicking, disgraceful! Why bother phoning just to haunt someone with the thought that they wont see their beloved partner again (married for over 40 years), what joy is there in this? I know she gets upset as she always phones me up after their calls for some sort of reassurance, then she begs me not to phone them up and cause a scene. Wonder how many elderly in our public are suffering nightmares because of this heartless approach grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I swear Ill return the phone call one of these days and take venting to a new height

Hmmm...Perhaps we should have a forum thread for venting only?

Brummie (reaching for the prozac and praying for more patience)

edited to add and additional grrrrrrrrrr

Edited by - Brummie on 7 November 2002 4:59:51

• Prisca
    Prisca

And I bet this person thinks s/he is doing the "Christian" thing?? Grrr....

What this person is doing is mental abuse. What makes it even worse is that it is providing no comfort to someone facing the prospect of losing their life partner.

I can understand your desire to phone these idiots and tell them what you think of them, and where they can put their so-called "encouragement", but I think what would be better is for you to sit down with your mum and explain to her how it would be better for her not to answer phone calls from these JWs because they are causing her so much hurt. Maybe if she had caller ID she could avoid speaking to them altogether.

I'm sorry to hear about the situation with your mum, as well as with your sick dad.

• johnathanseagull
    johnathanseagull

Brummie......go ahead mate and vent, you've every right to...........my personal gripe is my JW mother, on when talking about my brother in law and my brother (both Elders)........say how wonderful they ;are,.... the sun shines from their arses!!!, now that bothers me.

J Gull
    ps......is the "annoited" person you wrote about, the one we both know.........I was there when she first took the Jacob's Cream Cracker and Ribena LOL

pps Prisca......well written

• Dizzy Cat
    Dizzy Cat

Tell the woman with her head the clouds to ph##k off !

That usually does the trick.

Or invite her round, pop some acid in her tea and let her really see the demons.

Talk about a lack of taste on her behalf ! Her name wouldn't be Gill would it?

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Brummie,

How about asking your mother if she could tell the phone company to put a call barring on for these nuisance calls?

Spanner

• Brummie
    Brummie

Thanks Prisca, good advice.

In one way their actions just push my mom further and further away from them so I guess there is a good result in a sense...though its a shame that she has to worry so much about what they say.

I think I vent also at the thought that they hang around like vultures over a dying man, waiting to swoop on a chance to make a meal out of the situation.

I'm gonna check out caller ID for her

Brummie (very rarely vents)

• Brummie
    Brummie

John its not that anointed one we both know, she's far to heavenly to talk to someone who has walked away...lol

Laughing at Dizzy

Spanner she gets this familiar call on a 6 monthly basis or there abouts, I acctually want to be there when the next call comes, though I think its a lot better to just block, have asked my family to do 1471 (last caller ID) and make a note of the number, unfortunately its a private number so cant trace it. working on it though

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Hello again, Brummie.

Well it seems obvious that your mother doesn't want the calls, but at the same time you want to talk to this jerk, so, if you know his name, it should't be too difficult to find out where he lives through the grapevine. Then you can go and sort him out, and tell the phone company you want them to stop the nuisance calls coming from him. Even withheld or ex-directory numbers are known by the phone company. If they won't play ball, go to the cops. Oh yeah, try the Sunday newspapers while you're at it!

Spanner

• ugg
    ugg

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is absolutely horrendous!!!! talk about heartless!!!!.....your poor mom!!!! that is just beyond cruel.....no wonder you are upset....get her an unlisted phone number...

i am so angry right now..... do what ever it takes to protect your mom!!!!,,,get that ass hole off her back!!!! she is under enough stress....oh my,,,,your mom needs some help with this....

• Brummie
    Brummie

Spanner...hmm the Sunday papers ...I bet that will do the trick. I think I'll tape the next conversation and send a batch out.

Ugg I seldom get angry but I think we can be too nice to them sometimes, I spent a lot of time defending them in the past and saying "poor things, they need to be understood".....getting to the point of passing the niceties stage and wanting to rant.

Brummie (has calmed down considerably now)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit