Advise.

by Texasbred 2 Replies latest social relationships

• Texasbred
    Texasbred

I'm not really sure where to go with this, but I stumbled across this site.... and it seems like as good a place as any....

anyway, I've recently begun dating a Jehovah's Witness woman, and after educating myself on the religion, I'm a bit disturbed. I've searched information provided by the Watchtower AND by anti-JW's, and I realize that problems will arise in the future.

I've read the "official" stance on interfaith marriages and relationships is one of "tolerance and respect" .... but what are the "actual" views within the church?

the bottom line is: I really like this woman and she doesn't seem "fanatical" about being a JW (ie. we've had sex, she smokes, she's been drunk before) .... but I don't want OTHER people's views to get in the way of our relationship. any advice?

• Simon
    Simon

Doesn't sound like you have too much to worry about Texasbred although people can change suddenly for strange reasons.

You can never tell what pressure others will put on you.

• somebody
    somebody

hi Texasbred,

my advise would be to tell her what you found in your research about her religion. From what you've already told us, she probably would be open to hear what you've found. Even direct her here if you'd like.

peace,
    somebody

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit