"So did the Holy Spirit get it wrong?"

by stuckinarut2 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

In the Australian Royal Commission, the issue of appointment of ministerial servants and elders came up for intense scrutiny.

Using the elders books and society publication references, the prosecution questioned the premise that "Holy Spirit directs appointments"

The question was proposed as to whether this "process was accurate or was it flawed" seeing as many appointed ones were in fact not very righteous, or "spiritual"

Indeed, the issue about "spirituality" was also raised, and the definition of what makes someone "spiritually mature" in the organisation's eyes was raised. Was it "based on outward appearances and activity within the congregation?...."

The dignified, well presented and poised manner of the commission's questioning is something to behold.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

You'd think that if John Q Publisher sees that kind of news clip is would get him thinking. Maybe just a little?

Doc

• kairos
    kairos

Everything coming out of the ARC ( Aus Royal Commission ) is like a movie unfolding. This is nearly too much to believe.

Things are different now. Years ago if you missed a random news spot, that was it.

Now these proceedings are archived for instant viewing... FOREVER!!!

Ah, patience.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Yes....This will NOT go away!
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    When WT ideology and policies are spoken about aloud by non-JWs in plain, unbiased language, it's really eye-opening just just how increasingly weird they sound.
  • cha ching
    cha ching
    Yes, when they say it out loud, and have to actually look at the disbelief on everyone's faces, and get no looks of awe or praise, they just might have an inkling of how hollow their words ring.
  • wifibandit
    wifibandit
    AWAKE! g99 4/8 p. 11
    Think of the heartbreak of parents who have discovered, too late, that their children have been abused by trusted clergymen, teachers, or even close family members. It would be good for you as a parent to ask yourself, ‘Does my church tolerate or cover up child abuse? Is my religion holding firmly to high moral principles?’ Answers to such questions could help you to make wise choices in protecting your children.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Matt 10:19 But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say,

Where was this evident in the Aussy hearing? Nowhere, that's where.

Vidiot7 hours agoWhen WT ideology and policies are spoken about aloud by non-JWs in plain, unbiased language, it's really eye-opening just just how increasingly weird they sound

Yes. I totally agree. I noticed this too when I was growing up as a JDub too. The cog-dis bit me hard!

• Half banana
    Half banana
    It's when fairyland Jdubs meet reality. But in their own tiny minds they are not facing the facts instead they are probably glowing with pride at being "persecuted"...spare us!
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Half Banana - "...they are probably glowing with pride at being 'persecuted'..."

The WT reps being questioned by the Commission sure don't look like they're glowing with pride.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit