inactive witnesses stop visits from elders!

by hamptonite21 7 Replies latest jw friends

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

www.do-not-call.org

ck out this informative site. What do you think?

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

Sorry, here is the letter I was reffering too.

TO:

DATED:

OF:

Take note.

I am requesting that you personally and the elders from the [your local] Congregation of Jehovahs Witnesses collectively, cease and desist from calling on me anymore.

I would like to make it clear that I am in no way disassociating myself from any congregation, office or organization associated with Jehovahs Witnesses. I know that I have legal rights. I am fully aware of the possibility of illegalities occurring and wish to prevent them.

I have the right to not have mental suffering intentionally inflicted upon me. I have the right to privacy and not to have publicity of any kind given to private information about me. And I have the right to be free from unwarranted and untruthful attacks upon my character. If you infringe upon these rights, I may take legal action.

I will consider any attempt to convince by speeches, talks or teaching; to coerce by implied or actual threat of judicial action; or to encourage by private counsel or suggestion to any of Jehovahs Witnesses to treat me differently from any other person, to be a serious violation of my civil rights and I may initiate any legal action, civil or criminal that I or my solicitor deem appropriate. This includes any attempt to convince by speeches, talks or teaching; to coerce by implied or actual threat of judicial action; or to encourage by private counsel or suggestion to any of Jehovahs Witnesses to shun, mark or avoid me, cease or otherwise modify their doing business with me, or modify in any way their behavior towards me. I may consider any such to be an infringement upon my civil and human rights and may initiate appropriate legal action.

This request to cease and desist from harassment, stalking, slandering, and/or infringing on my rights includes any actions to be taken by any congregation of Jehovahs Witnesses and particularly the [your local] Congregation of Jehovahs Witnesses its individual elders or its legal corporation, the Governing Body of Jehovahs Witnesses or its legal corporations, The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc., The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, Inc., The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Great Britain., the International Bible Students Association, or any other agency not here named, including all or any agents or assignees against me.

You have been warned.

Mr/Ms/Mrs [your name]

• kelpie
    kelpie

I would do that if it ment my parents would still talk to me......

I miss them so much!!!!!

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I would suggest that milder approaches be exausted first before going the hardline threatening legal route. I realize many elders don't respect these requests, but it would seem to me that there is certain advantage in giving peace a chance.

At least if they choose to ignore your requests you have a firm basis now for taking a stronger position and you can point to their disrespecting your previous requests.

But this is just a thought and only individuals facing these specific situations can make the decision that best suits them.

Today I ran across a JW in the barbershop. Even with all the rumours that inevitably circulate, there are these moments when you are glad that you can still talk like old friends.

Path

• blondie
    blondie

kelpie

I would do that if it ment my parents would still talk to me......

I miss them so much!!!!!

If they won't talk, send a small card from time to time, so they know you are thinking of them. Don't let the silence grow between you. Remind them of some nice moment you two had. It is a risky but I have seen it work.

Blondie(who knows what it is like to be cold shouldered by her family)

• Brummie
    Brummie

After being forced to study the "United in worship" book for several weeks with the elders to get me to see how rightous it was to shun a suicidal JW, It dawned on me to just tell em that I will call them when I am ready to study the book again, like, dont call me I'll call you! That did the trick and gave me time to research and get out. So a simple " I'll give you a ring when its convienient" works to put them off for a few months. It just took a long time for it to dawn on me that I could ask them not to call until I was ready. Ironically we had studied that book twice in book study and I had studied with 9 other people! Like I new it back to cover already!

Brummie

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

lol@brummie

• caspian
    caspian

On my post on the elders school.

Wednesday made this excellent point

When they knock on my door (if they really do) i will be nice and thank them for coming and tell them i will work on attending. I will casually mention my ill health and depression and how it keeps me from doing what i'd like to. I can BS my way through this. I haven't been a JW for 47 years to have leaned nothing!!! Also with the recent dealth of my mother-i'm still grieving-they will back off.I will not let them DA me-they are not going to win this.I can beat them at their own game-i have been in the game a long time.

I think that this is the best course of action

Caspian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit