Pauls words, meant for who?

by lulu 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lulu
    lulu

1Cor.4:2-4. Is he just speaking to the 'holy ones' or is this meant for all of us? If just for the holy ones, are the Hebrews sciptures just meant for the Israelites, the Greek scruiptures for the Holy ones and anything left for the rest of us? If so, what about 2 Timothy.3:16-17.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Hi lulu,

it is required of stewards that they be found trustworthy

are you a steward of a mystery ? If so, then I'd say it's for you - and if not then it's for you to know ahead of that time when you are.

paduan

• logical
    logical

Paul's letters are only his opinons anyway, they arent scripture

• lulu
    lulu

Thank you A Paduan. However, miss out verse. 2. and just read 3 and 4. So does this mean only Jehovah has the right to examine and judge or has he given this duty to others.i.e. to judge and examine or like Paul 'it is a mere nothing if anyone other than Jehovah takes this on.' Where is the scripural authority as there is apparently only one mediator. Also where in the scriptures does it say give yourselves titles.eg. D.O, C.O. Elder. Surely the opposite.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

1Cor.4:2-4. Is he just speaking to the 'holy ones' or is this meant for all of us? If just for the holy ones, are the Hebrews scriptures just meant for the Israelites, the Greek scriptures for the Holy ones and anything left for the rest of us? If so, what about 2 Timothy.3:16-17.

Lulu,

There is no difference between holy ones and the rest of us. This is a distinction the Watchtower fabricated to control you. It was similar in Pauls day, some thinking that they were better than the rest while others attached themselves to them so as to improve their status in the faith. They would claim , I belong to so and so and all that. 1 Cor was written to put a stop to such practices and the false doctrines they were spreading in the faith. Nearly the whole letter is spent chewing them out and setting them straight. Only an apostle such as Paul was had any real authority over the rest. So he said to these Corinthians who were judging him:

Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God. 2 Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful. 3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of mans judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self. {judgment: Gr. day} 4 For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord. {know: or, I am not conscious of any fault} 5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

And he put them and their views in their place as he does here. They were very much like the Watchtower is today, exercising authority they did not have over the faith and making up rules to control and guide it.

:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. {throughly: or, perfected}

As an Apostle with real authority from Christ, Pauls letters qualified as scripture. He was chosen specifically for this office by Christ personally and Paul alone appointed men like Timothy, giving them the authority of an apostle to appoint Elders over the faith and put a stop to such conduct. No one today is qualified to do this not the Watchtower or anyone else as there is no such thing as a succession to this office of apostle.

Joseph

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit