just realized something...

by troucul 7 Replies latest social relationships

• troucul
    troucul

been doing some thinking and I've had an epiphany. In the course of meeting a girl and getting to know her, it's not what you say, it's what you don't say. Some guys, including myself on a few occasions, get so smitten by a girl they go over the top and say stupid shit. I'm beginning to believe that if you close your damn yapper long enough and let them do all the talking, everything will be fine. I tried a different approach with a girl last night and we seemed to hit it off. I was inclined to tell her how beautiful she was and all that crap, but I just closed my mouth and let her talk. It was pretty nice. I think she liked me. Took me way to long to finally realize that...

Any comments?

• LucidSky
    LucidSky

True enough troucul. It took me awhile to realize things like that too -- it stems from the noble thought that that being "nice" was the way to make someone like you the most. You did two good things that people like: remaining a challenge for her and showing sincere interest in her instead of yourself. Let's face it, people want what they don't have and they are self-centered (hopefully not completely!)

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

You got the right idea!! So many guys have talked their way out of a relationship with me. The thing is when you tell a girl she is pretty and all that "crap" if she has half a brain she knows when your telling her a line of "crap". Women today (IMHO) want a guy that is more than just a lover but a great friend.When she is talking ,REALLY listen to her because we know when you guys are just nodding your heads and not really hearing and that is the WORST insult to us...Wish you the best of luck.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Women today (IMHO) want a guy that is more than just a lover but a great friend.When she is talking ,REALLY listen to her because we know when you guys are just nodding your heads and not really hearing and that is the WORST insult to us...Wish you the best of luck

Hey now! Not so fast! Let's let troucul take this one step at a time. He has to crawl before he can drag knuckles.

btw, Ruby, from that picture, you seem very pretty. *kicks dirt shyly*

btw, troucul, just giving you a hard time.

Edited by - SixofNine on 3 November 2002 18:28:29

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

The thing is when you tell a girl she is pretty and all that "crap" if she has half a brain she knows when your telling her a line of "crap".

Oh yeah, I used to HATE that when I was young. But now, hey! it works for me!

Oh yeah, I'm married.

Oh yeah, I used to HATE that when I was young, But now, hey! works for me!

Andee

I guess I miss the game sometimes, class. (sigh)

• Solace
    Solace

I think it may be more about how you come accross.

Telling someone she is attractive is very flattering and I cant imagine any woman being put off by that. Telling her that she has a hot a*s or nice t*tts is another story. Some women may like that sort of thing on the first date but I believe most women would appreciate if you liked her as a person and not just as a body part.

Its too bad people waste so much time playing games. "Uhhh, He might think Im not a challenge if I call him" or "She might think Im too nice if I tell her shes pretty."

If everyone would just be real, ya know?

BTW, Andee, I agree

Edited by - heaven on 3 November 2002 19:15:58

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

"He has to crawl before he can drag knuckles"Hehe...six!!...Thank you....Flattery will get you everywhere!! Okay...so the "kick dirt shyly " got to me!

Edited by - Rubytuesday on 4 November 2002 10:23:45

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik
    it's what you don't say

Amen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit