Wednesday Hearings LIVE LINK NOW

by Mad Sweeney 84 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Dumplin
    Dumplin

Q: The child is to be in subjection to the father? And he is responsible for discipline? You expect BCG to go to her father and confront him about his abuse?
    Bowditch: No.
    Q: But you set up a committee so that she must confront him?
    Bowditch: that was for the healing process.

What?? Did I hear that right?

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Dumplin, you heard it correct.

He also tried to throw in at one point, that that healing process, used to be the "law of the land". Boy can they twist things for their benefit. like they really care about the law of the land.

• smiddy
    smiddy

These Elders are big fish in a little " pond " , in the outside world of the " sea of humanity" , they are nothing more than plankton.

These elders every time they open their mouth attest to the fact that they are inexperienced novices , ill equipped to answer the most basic of questions in a professional manner , maybe that just reflects their attitude to higher education .

smiddy

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r
    Thanks for the link. I hope someone can record this. I'm not tech savvy enough to do it myself.

Here you go:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/398690003/day-3-29-7-royal-commissions-investigation-child-sexual-abuse-within-jehovahs-witnesses-video

part 1:

Playlist of the entire hearing so far:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPQ6KZ-AGhVQbadlzMQN26dvMPzddxlui

This one started out spectacularly, enjoy!

• Splash
    Splash

When the woman questioned Ali she almost asked two great questions, but failed.

She should have asked

1. Is the most important reason for disfellowshipping to protect the victim or keep the congregation clean? (Shepherd book p. 38 only speaks of keeping the congregation clean)

2. By disfellowshipping the abuser, would this not prove that the procedures and holy spirit made a mistake when it recommended a practising abuser be appointed to a position of Ministerial Servant? How could that be allowed to happen?

I also wonder if they know about this clause on p.38 in the Shepherd book:
    "If it comes to light or an appointed brother confesses that he has committed a disfellowshipping offense years in the past: The body of elders may determine he can continue to serve if the following is true: The immorality or other serious wrongdoing occurred more than a few years ago, and he is genuinely repentant, recognizing that he should have come forward immediately when he sinned. (Perhaps he has even confessed to his sin, seeking help with his guilty conscience.) He has been serving faithfully for many years, has evidence of God’s blessing, and has the respect of the congregation."

• Zoos
    Zoos
    I think other western countries will definitely take notice and go on the offensive as well.

If this happens I will swim to Australia and kiss the Commission's feet.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe
    Thanks C0ntr013r for posting the link!
  • dozy
    dozy

It is fascinating watching the proceedings and something akin to watching a car crash seeing these guys squirm. The spectacle of seeing a CO being cross questioned by a woman is a joy to behold. The total kangaroo court of the whole JC process is really shown in full relief here when it is examined by a proper court.

But why is it that the Commission are going after the hapless elders? They have no power - they are just grunts really. The real power is held by the GB. They set policy and procedures. Does the commission have any authority to question them? At the very least , they should be calling in members of the Branch Committee.

• The Big Machine
    The Big Machine
    I think some members of the Australian branch are being questioned next week.
  • Mephis
    Mephis
    3 members of the branch are scheduled as witnesses. They're building up the facts and the evidence of what happens.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit