Wednesday Hearings LIVE LINK NOW

by Mad Sweeney 84 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

These buffoons have ZERO interest in knowing anything about the accuser. They had opportunity to read her testimony and/or watch the hearings but boldly admit that they did no such thing.

An utter embarrassment to all reasonable people.

• Mephis
    Mephis

The implication I took from that is that the commission will come down on how they isolate themselves from reality as well as label everything negative as 'apostate lies'. There's been a few occasions when they've pressed witnesses on that aspect. The culture of the religion is a huge factor here, and it's going to be hammered.

@FadingTruth - some things have made me question some assumptions which are still there in me too.

• Ohiamfree
    Ohiamfree

Having been emotionally abused by my ex I was also counselled for telling a few close friends about the situation when I left him. I was counselled to not gossip. So of course instead rumours spread of my mental health instead thanks to my ex....its disgusting.

And the idea of adultery being more serious than child abuse? Wow, bet the court are going to have fun getting their teeth into that discussion.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Lunch break.
    If you're behind, the previous two days are on youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAvrp6E1AymHbf7yUeuKKXw

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    At first when I heard about this hearing i didn't think it would amount to much. But after listening to it today, this is huge, HUGE. So much detail. So easy to see just how flawed and dangerous the JW judicial system is. I cannot foresee how the watchtower can weasel its way out of this one. Huge backlashes coming. I think other western countries will definitely take notice and go on the offensive as well.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Audesapre: These buffoons have ZERO interest in knowing anything about the accuser. They had opportunity to read her testimony and/or watch the hearings but boldly admit that they did no such thing.

I think he is lying. He read her statement. His response to Stewart's first question about what he had said to his wife was way too fast and appeared to be rehearsed.

All of the JWs have claimed so far that they haven't read the victims' statements. I believe this is a defensive tactic that they have been told to say but it is pure bullshit.

By saying they haven't read the statements, they want to appear as though they are truthful and not just denying what is said in the victim statement. Their lawyers have told them to say they didn't read the statements.

Of course they have. All of them have lied about it.

• millie210
    millie210

That is great to hear Bonsai!

Does anyone know what power the Commission has? Do they just recommend or can they enforce?

• FadeToGrey
    FadeToGrey

I just listened to some on my lunch break

the commision asked about murder if they would report that if it happened in the congreation

the idiot said if a brother confessed to murder. They would not tell the police. But only encourage the bother to see the police.

The commissioner was gob smacked

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    millie: Does anyone know what power the Commission has? Do they just recommend or can they enforce?

The Commission can and will enforce redress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiiDnR-bBcY

• millie210
    millie210

That is SUCH good news.

Thank you OrphanCrow!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit