Wednesday Hearings LIVE LINK NOW

by Mad Sweeney 84 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Mephis
    Mephis
    They turn off the sound when they're discussing people by name who should not be named openly because it may help directly identify the victim.
  • Ohiamfree
    Ohiamfree
    Did he just say that they found "a more serious reason for disfellowshiping"???!!!
  • FadingTruth
    FadingTruth
    Wow...she got counselled for "gossiping" when it was true and about her own abuse? Nuts!
  • ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    Did he just say that they found "a more serious reason for disfellowshiping"???!!!
    I think so. He was Df'd for leaving his wife, I believe for another woman. No action was ever taken on the child molestation issues which occurred first.
    In Ali's mind an act of adultery is more serious than sexually molesting a child.
  • AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

So the only 'follow-up' that Ali can recall is NOT about support, but, rather, to admonish her to not speak about the sex abuse that her father (friend of the JC members).

Rather than console and encourage her to build her up, the 'follow-up' was to make sure she kept her mouth shut.

Sadly, this is not surprising to us here as we've heard it over and over again.

It is shocking to hear it outside of the JW org community. The Commission is highlighting this aspect so well.

Ali's testimony is completed.

• FadingTruth
  • AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Kevin Bowditch has taken the stand. Commission is probing (somewhat) into why there was 'break' in Bowditch's elderhood. Bowditch says he took 'stress leave' from his elder duties.
  • Mephis
    Mephis
    Kevin Bowditch's silence speaks louder than any words when asked whether any consideration of those outside the congregation was made when deciding to just JW 'discipline' sex offenders who may reoffend in the community. Absolutely nailing that issue. Who exactly is my neighbour Lord?
  • Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney
    This clown hasn't even read BCG's statement nor watched yesterday's testimony nor read any press in the meantime. He's a blank slate. As unprepared as any of the other clowns in this clown show.
  • FadingTruth
    FadingTruth
    whether any consideration of those outside the congregation was made when deciding to reprove sex offenders who may reoffend in the community.
    That hit me hard. I'm ashamed to say I never considered that aspect before. Being a born-in, we have the mentality that it's us against the "world", quite literally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit