Dino Ali Taking the Stand NOW

by AudeSapere 57 Replies latest jw friends

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Dino Ali, elder, taking the stand now in the Australian Hearings.

He's talking about interaction with disfellowshipped persons.

Watch it live:

http://www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au/case-study/636f01a5-50db-4b59-a35e-a24ae07fb0ad/case-study-29,-july-2015,-sydney

-Aude.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Question from Commission: Regarding physical discipline of children, what guidance does the church provide so parents know how far they can go?

Me Ali: We have our magazines...

LAME responses.

The live feed is rather riveting for me, as a former JW.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Just dipped into the feed. The elder is getting ripped to shreds. Rabbit in the headlights. I bet he never thought he would up in front of a RC when he was "made up"...

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement
    Dino is an idiot dinosaur with a very poor memory.
  • AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

If you are an elder and hear report of a child having been sexually abused by her father 'for a long time', how can you possibly forget the details or the person who told you about it?

Yet that is what MrAli is claiming. He does not remember.

Soooo glad I am out of that ridiculous sham of a religion.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Are all of these sessions being recorded? Will they end up on Barbara's site?
  • AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

@Nicolaou - Barbara is posting as much as she can. But at 6hours per day for the next 2 WEEKS, not sure how much will actually be recorded.

I hope there is a written transcript. Some of the testimony is outrageous. It WILL make your blood boil.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    This is pure gold. He is making out that by being able to call Bethel Legal there is more support available that would prevent two witnesses from being needed and is now getting called out on it.
  • Ruby456
    Ruby456
    audeSapere

this gives guidance on stored reports dating from 1902. apparently they are kept at libraries and in accessible

government databases

http://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Parliamentary_Departments/Parliamentary_Library/Browse_by_Topic/law/royalcommissions#1902

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    Dino is an idiot dinosaur with a very poor memory.

If you are an elder and hear report of a child having been sexually abused by her father 'for a long time', how can you possibly forget the details or the person who told you about it?

I've listened to 3 elders testify, one being an ex-CO and ex-DO, and when asked specific questions about a sexual abuse victim in the congregation, a case they were in charge of, their testimony is riddled with 'I don't recall' and 'I can't remember' type remarks.

One would get the impression from their testimony that Jehovah's Witness elders have the worst memories of anybody on the face of the earth.

What they actually have are convenient memories. One thing they never forget is to use the Theocratic War Strategy, which is Watchtower's teaching that says they can lie to anybody who is not entitled to know the truth in their judgement. All is fair in Theocratic Warfare, including lying to investigators, judges, and other officials.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit