This misquote makes my blood boil! (Excuse the pun)

by ILoveTTATT2 6 Replies latest watchtower medical

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

This absolutely upsets me!

They ALWAYS keep doing this garbage, putting people into harm's way by NOT telling them the WHOLE information!

And plus, any blood info from Australia is likely biased... the two JW's they hired to manage blood transfusions in Australia are doing an excellent job at doing propaganda

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder
    They would like to Jehovah's Witnesses to believe that science fully supports the WTS policy, and they selectively go about sharing only the parts that "tickle their ears".
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

This is what makes my blood boil.

Follow the link that is in the OP concerning the "Best practice guidelines on blood transfusions":

http://transfusion.com.au/transfusion_practice/patient_blood_management

Patient Blood Management
    Patient Blood Management (PBM) is the timely application of evidence-based medical and surgical concepts designed to maintain haemoglobin concentration, optimise haemostasis and minimise blood loss in an effort to improve patient outcome.(1)
    The Austrian benchmark study of blood use in adult patients undergoing elective surgery demonstrated three main predictors for red blood cell transfusions: preoperative anaemia, volume of surgical blood loss and failure to adopt a more restrictive threshold for transfusion.(2) Strategies to address these risks are referred to as the three pillars of patient blood management:
    optimisation of blood volume and red cell mass
    minimisation of blood loss
    optimisation of the patient’s tolerance of anaemia
    PBM incorporates proactive treatment regimes which are tailored to suit individual patients, using a multidisciplinary team approach to conserve a patient’s own blood. Techniques may involve the use of pharmaceutical agents and medical devices to reduce the need for allogeneic blood transfusion.
    An increasing focus on PBM has been driven by a number of factors including:
    the risks associated with blood transfusion—with increasing evidence of increased length of stay and higher risk of morbidity and mortality
    rising costs, both direct and indirect, associated with provision and transfusion of allogeneic blood
    challenges of maintaining an adequate blood supply in the face of increased demand due to ageing population(3)
    Within the surgical setting, employment of principles for patient blood management begins at the time of surgical booking and continues through to patient recovery, incorporating preoperative, intraoperative and postoperative measures.
    Principles and strategies used for patient blood management are also relevant to non-surgical patients.
    Patient Blood Management strategies are advancing and becoming a key area for improvement within the health sector both within Australia and internationally; with increasing demonstration that use of the methods results in:
    increased patient satisfaction
    decrease in the need for transfusion
    improved patient outcomes
    healthcare cost savings.(1)

And where do these guidelines for transfusion practice in Australia originate?

The guidelines originate with the Society for the Advancement of Blood Management:

References
    Society for the Advancement of Blood Management. Professional definition Patient Blood Management. [cited 2012 September 11]. Available from: http://www.sabm.org/
    Gombotz H, Rehak R, Shander A, Hofmann A. Blood use in elective surgery: the Austrian benchmark study. Transfusion 2007;47:1468–1480.
    Thomson A, Farmer S, Hofmann A, Isbister J, Shander A. Patient Blood Management - a new paradigm for transfusion medicine? ISBT Science Series 2009;4:423–435.

Farmer and Hoffman are definitely JWs - I am not sure about the other names listed...I think a couple of them may be JWs as well. They all have conducted many, many medical studies on Jehovah's Witnesses and are a part of the blood management programs and clinics that have been established through the WTS' Hospital Information Services network.

And that is who is setting the guidelines for EVERYBODY. The WTS trained the people who now control the entire blood supply in Australia.The Society for the Advancement of Blood Management is an "arm's length" Watchtower Society organization. It was founded by Jehovah's Witnesses who came up through the ranks of the Hospital Liaison Committees.

That is what makes my blood boil.

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Orphan Crow, it does also make my blood boil, you are totally, 100% right in that. It is an absolutely scary thing. Like Scientologists deciding what "drugs" are and what people can and cannot receive.

Is there any way to protest this? Any way to make changes and ask the Australian government to look into this?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Ilove: Is there any way to protest this? Any way to make changes and ask the Australian government to look into this?

I don't know. The SABM is embedded in every country's patient blood management programs. They have already throttled the blood supply everywhere - in Canada, in Europe, in Russia, in India...the list goes on and on.

I have no idea how to combat the insidious nature of what we are dealing with. Or if it even can be - patient blood management has already become the accepted standard of care and it may very well be too late to do anything about it. The WTS has pulled the wool over the eyes of the entire global medical world. They are sitting and laughing right now...and counting their money.

It pisses me off to no end that blood transfusion guidelines are set by Jehovah's Witnesses. As far as I am concerned, a Jehovah's Witness should not be allowed to come anywhere near any country's blood supply. They should mind their own business and stick to selling Bibles, not f**king around with people's lives.

Like Scientologists deciding what "drugs" are and what people can and cannot receive.

Yes. It would be like all abortion clinics having to follow guidelines that are set by the Catholic Church. Or family planning centers having the nuns hand out birth control.

• Half banana
    Half banana

ILT and Birdy, the incongruity is so absurd, It is the subterfuge of the cuckoo who gets its brood established and nurtured in the nest at the expense of the nest builders. Perhaps that's just business folks!

Why on earth do the medical authorities in these affected countries permit Watchtower lunacy when they are responsible for the lives if their patients? JWs would be the last people to be consulted medically on the matter of blood, it does not gel with normal protocol. Life is far more important than dogma.

I assume that it is partly a matter of the wedge principle. The thin end was inserted by the Liaison Committees in response to satisfying the hospital’s need for guidelines on the JW no-blood stance. This engendered some respect for JWs and entrepreneurs followed up with a credible professional team with carefully checked documentation for medical acceptability. Indeed bloodless surgery does have benefits but overall the transfusion of blood has proved its worth for almost a century.

The individual I personally know or rather knew, involved in the schemes is most definitely not a clinically experienced medic but a successful business man. The Watchtower and the JWs have for a long time made millions of people uneasy about taking blood and it is easy to scare the ignorant. Surely the Australian medical authorities and other such are not so naive?

I know you have done so much valuable and welcome research on this (and I haven’t) but I am still looking for your definitive evidence of official Watchtower complicity and profiting from the promotion of the work of Farmer and Hofmann et al.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    halfbanana: I know you have done so much valuable and welcome research on this (and I haven’t) but I am still looking for your definitive evidence of official Watchtower complicity and profiting from the promotion of the work of Farmer and Hofmann et al.

The definitive evidence that the Watchtower is complicit in Farmer and Hoffman's work is evident in that both are founding members of SABM (along with several other JWs). These JW SABM members were trained by the Watchtower through the Hospital Information Services training program that is set up by the Watchtower itself.

We also know that JWs that are in the public eye do NOT do anything that the WTS does not approve of - a JW in that position is doing exactly what they are told to do by the WTS. They do not operate independently.

Do I have evidence of actual $$ exchanging hands and financial profit going directly into the WTS coffers? Well, that would be stupid on the part of the WTS, wouldn't it? What I do have is evidence that the WTS has spent lots of $$$$$ on the promotion of their noblood doctrine for many years prior to the establishment of their HLC network and since then. When a business spends money on something, that expense is evidence of an investment in that area. A business doesn't spend that much money on something without seeing a return on that expense. And, of course I don't have access to the exact way they are financially profiting...the same way we don't have access to their profits on their real estate transactions. We know the WTS sell real estate but we have no idea how much they profit or if they do. They do not have open books. and I don't have the ability to hack their books.

We already know that the way the WTS does business is by shaking green hands behind closed doors. It is unreasonable to ask for that information from me. But, if anyone has information that would clarify that (like maybe secret tapings of who shakes whose hands) then I would welcome that evidence.

We also know that the WTS sent representatives to FDA hearings where the US Army requested permission to continue studies on JW patients to test the efficacy of blood substitutes. That is evidence of complicity. I do not have evidence that the US Army or the company that supplies Hemopure paid the WTS, but do you really think that the JWs are simply a free group of experimental subjects? Do you think that the WTS sends reps to FDA hearings and to bloodless conferences all over the world and just simply chalks up all that expense as "charitable work"? That is a lot of money spent without showing a return for it and if it was charitable work, then how come they don't brag about all that money spent in their accounting to the congregations about all the "charitable" work they do for the blood industry?

I would love to have the definitive evidence that you request. However, I don't have a Royal Commission behind me to demand that the WTS turn over their financial records. And, I don't have access to the membership list of who is actually members of the Watchtower Society itself. We do not know who the Society members are or who of those Society members are profiting from the bloodless industry. We just know that the bloodless industry has many JWs within it. Are any of them Society members? Please provide me with the list of Society membership and then I may be able to match up the JWs who profit from the bloodless industry with the Society membership roll.

JWs would be the last people to be consulted medically on the matter of blood, it does not gel with normal protocol.

Exactly. Then maybe you can tell me why the JWs have been involved with the medical community in the first place. Their only role should be in providing the medical community with religious justification, not medical justification yet they have had their nose in the medical promotion of bloodless medicine since at least the 1960s and 70s.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit